Main Menu

Y09 Y11 Y14 Y39 Y88 Challenger non R/T

Started by Ebody Edgar, March 22, 2021, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ebody Edgar

This is a July 1970 built 1970 Challenger, not an RT
Does the combination of all the codes open up the abilty to have some oddball options??
Do other military ordered cars have the same # of  Y codes?.

Y88 = NCS – Detroit Customer Drive,
Where would a car be delivered back then?

Ebody Edgar

what does it cost to get an answer to this question? :)

anlauto

We need @6bblgt for the odd ball stuff...he's the man :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

That's a lot of Y's.

Bump for the info.  :popcorn:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

Y09 Y11 Y14 are typical for a export ordered car for domestic delivery

Y39 is for "special order" - besides the "program cars" (Superbird, M-codes, etc.) and special order paint - I have not seen any other documented "SPECIALS"

Y88 makes sense for a couple reasons - pick up at plant, or delivery point to be determined, HUSAK Bros. in Detroit appears to be one dealership that was involved in similar holding/export/type vehicle arraignments - I'm sure there were others

the "NEVER SAY NEVER" mantra is IMO "BS" ***** heater delete, minor mistakes - yes ***** 383 car with DANA60, six bbl Dusters - NO

so, @Ebody Edgar do you want to provide any details, specifics, evidence?

Ebody Edgar

It's an odd car
white 71 console with white interior
Sassy grass green
auto
has paperwork etc
I have an invite to see it

anlauto

There's no such thing as a white console in an E Body :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

Ebody Edgar

White console is shown in the 70-71 parts book
Car is a july 70 car with a real white 1971 console - the plastic is white not painted
Once again the car is quite the odd duck - so stop the nonsense
It is a non R/T car with a R/T engine
Never say never Alan

cuda hunter

I have yet to find a white console.  I've been looking for one for as long as I can remember.
Nor have I ever seen a picture of one in an A,B,C or E.  A's and C's would have been different, but still have to mention it.
If there is a true white "factory" console out there it would be nice to see it. And see the bottom of it.  And get some parts numbers off of it. 
  Is it possible for you to share some pictures of the white console?  I'm very interested in the history of this.  Just to see it if nothing else. 
  I'm a plastic color collector. Even if white is technically "not a color", I've been looking forever.  I've got red consoles, gold console, tan console, Not blue or burnt orange or green consoles, YET.  a few blacks.    Oh how I would love to find a white one.  I guess it is possible that some of the reproduction vendors over the many years of reproduction could have used a white plastic for giggles to see what it looks like.  I could totally see that happening. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Sure would like to see that fender tag.  That might help with some more answers.
Is there a build sheet?  Can you share that?   

autoxcuda

Quote from: Ebody Edgar on May 09, 2021, 11:04:10 AM
White console is shown in the 70-71 parts book
Car is a july 70 car with a real white 1971 console - the plastic is white not painted
Once again the car is quite the odd duck - so stop the nonsense
It is a non R/T car with a R/T engine
Never say never Alan

So you've already seen it in person?

What other odd things did you see?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 09, 2021, 11:21:19 AM
I have yet to find a white console. 

Yup, that's going to be a hard one to come across... :alan2cents:  good luck :bigthumb:

autoxcuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 09, 2021, 11:21:19 AM
I have yet to find a white console.  I've been looking for one for as long as I can remember.
Nor have I ever seen a picture of one in an A,B,C or E.  A's and C's would have been different, but still have to mention it.
If there is a true white "factory" console out there it would be nice to see it. And see the bottom of it.  And get some parts numbers off of it. 
  Is it possible for you to share some pictures of the white console?  I'm very interested in the history of this.  Just to see it if nothing else. 
  I'm a plastic color collector. Even if white is technically "not a color", I've been looking forever.  I've got red consoles, gold console, tan console, Not blue or burnt orange or green consoles, YET.  a few blacks.    Oh how I would love to find a white one.  I guess it is possible that some of the reproduction vendors over the many years of reproduction could have used a white plastic for giggles to see what it looks like.  I could totally see that happening.

Hang 10 Dodge Sports had white consoles. ....But the carpet and chrome top plate were orange to match the carpet.

And thats why consoles  typically match carpet color. Cause it looks weird to have contrasting console color right up against the carpet.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

cuda hunter

So there are a few A's then.  That's pretty cool!