Main Menu

1970 AAR Cuda

Started by dhh, May 24, 2021, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Looks like a pretty clean car! I would be happy to have that sitting in my garage!  Good luck with the sale!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dhh

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Smallblock340 on May 26, 2021, 05:27:58 AM
Quote from: Jim AAR on May 25, 2021, 05:13:48 PM
That VIN BS23J0B282205 number seems very low for an AAR produced on 4-70.

The Trans AM Cuda Registry shows that ALL 4-70 numbers start at 289xxx and go to 291xxxx

My AAR is a 3-70 car and the VIN starts at 289xxx

The Door VIN Sticker is also a re-pop.

All 4-70 (April 70) AAR start at 291XXX and go to 309XXX
I guess there is a typo at the Trans AM Cuda Registry  :thinking:

I think the registry is fine, the typo is on the door jamb sticker of this AAR

Skdmark

As long as, the car is solid and has the majority of the pricier/rarer parts on it, 67k would be a good price IMO.  :alan2cents:

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Smallblock340

Interesting info about fender tag SPD versus door sticker date:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/door-vin-sticker/17336/

Thanks to @6bblgt

Apparently I was referring to the AAR SPD dates of April 70, with numbers  starting at 291XXX and going to 309XXX.

No single doubt about the correctness of the Trans AM Cuda Registry  ;)
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Skdmark on May 26, 2021, 09:14:24 AM
As long as, the car is solid and has the majority of the pricier/rarer parts on it, 67k would be a good price IMO.  :alan2cents:

Interesting, I would have thought that $67K would be pretty strong money for an automatic car with non original motor and trans.  Apparently I'm not paying enough attention to the market. 

Price-wise, are AARs and TAs pretty equivalent for similar quality cars, or does one generally bring higher prices than the other? 

anlauto

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on May 26, 2021, 11:37:27 AM
Quote from: Skdmark on May 26, 2021, 09:14:24 AM

Interesting, I would have thought that $67K would be pretty strong money for an automatic car with non original motor and trans.  Apparently I'm not paying enough attention to the market. 

Price-wise, are AARs and TAs pretty equivalent for similar quality cars, or does one generally bring higher prices than the other?

I think AAR's tend to run a little higher in value....just my opinion :alan2cents:

If this car was number's matching with a BCS, it would easily be $75K+ if it had all the correct details, numbers matching etc..and it was a four speed it would be closer to $100K  I think $67K is right on the mark.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ZNormT6

Hey all. New member here. I am the son of the guy who restored and owned BS23J0B282205 for 30 years.

Here to help answer any questions regarding the car.

ZNormT6

This is the car the day it came home back in 1989.

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: ZNormT6 on September 02, 2021, 11:33:17 AM
Hey all. New member here. I am the son of the guy who restored and owned BS23J0B282205 for 30 years.

Here to help answer any questions regarding the car.

Is this car even still for sale?

ZNormT6

No idea. I haven't seen the car in 2 years.