Main Menu

1970 barracuda AC heater box.

Started by Mymcodebee, September 28, 2018, 07:51:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mymcodebee

Just pulled this tonight and not using it as we're going with a modern AC setup and gen 3.  Is this worth anything.  I thought it was in pretty good shape but there is a crack that needs repair. 

RUNCHARGER

I've never looked for one but I would expect that is worth a fair amount to someone that needs one.
Sheldon

nsmall

Tried to sell one at the spring fling in Van Nuys for 2 days for $150.  Zero bites.

Total pain to ship, worth unloading at a swap meet for $100.  I wouldnt trash it

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

But when someone needs one they are hard to find.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mymcodebee

I will stash it overhead then.  Thanks for input.   :bigthumb: 

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 29, 2018, 07:26:39 AM

I still have at least one here...someone can have for free if they want to stop by and pick it up.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Daveh

Keep it if you have the space.  Usually for an undamaged one $200.00 is fair if you can find a buyer and they want to pay for the shipping.  It's a PIA.  I had 2 of them in the shape of yours with no takers.  Where were you when I needed one?  I ended up buying 2 and used my old one to make 1 good one.  I cut the rest up and saved the good parts in case someone here needed something down the road. 

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on October 01, 2018, 05:50:04 AM

I still have at least one here...someone can have for free if they want to stop by and pick it up.

***UPDATE*** Member @jetmech stopped by today and picked up his FREE A/C Heaterbox....a little rough around the edges, but worth twice the asking price ! :bigmoney: :wave:

Cuda_mark

I've got 2 of those myself. They seem to come in pairs....

I'd gladly trade both of them for just a front cover for a non-AC heater box!! I'd even throw in an extra $100!!!

jetmech

Quote from: anlauto on October 02, 2018, 11:29:57 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 01, 2018, 05:50:04 AM

***UPDATE*** Member @jetmech stopped by today and picked up his FREE A/C Heaterbox....a little rough around the edges, but worth twice the asking price ! :bigmoney: :wave:

Thanks again Alan, well worth the 30 minute drive out, to get the last few bits to put mine together. Like everyone else, I've had to piece a few together.

ec_co

Quote from: Cuda_mark on October 02, 2018, 11:45:48 AM

I'd gladly trade both of them for just a front cover for a non-AC heater box!! I'd even throw in an extra $100!!!

did you know they make re-pops now? http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/70-74-e-body-non-ac-heater-core-housing-cover/products_id/6833
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda_mark

Quote from: ec_co on October 03, 2018, 06:32:16 PM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on October 02, 2018, 11:45:48 AM

did you know they make re-pops now? http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/70-74-e-body-non-ac-heater-core-housing-cover/products_id/6833

Yes but I've heard they don't really look like the original fiberglass ones.