Main Menu

1970 Challenger 340 4 speed

Started by Western Hunter, September 23, 2021, 01:48:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Western Hunter

Going to buy a 1970 Challenger, 340 4 speed, matching numbers motor and tranny. it has had some terrible cosmetic work done, fender flares added and a hideous paint job. Too bad because its an original plumb Crazy car.

Tell me your thoughts on, is it worth $25K ??

JS29

:welcome: to the site, Need more info. more pictures, presents of fender tag or build sheet. That would be an A66 code car. Do a personal inspection or have one done.  :alan2cents: 

70 Top Banana

Welcome to the forum. I agree, look the car over up and under or have it inspected. Straightening a modified car body is expensive. Doing it to a very high standard can be very expensive. This is the place to be if you have or love E body cars.

mccannix

Looks like and I believe it is the car a friend Mark in Saskatoon Canada used to own for years.

Are you and/or the car in Canada ?

anlauto

Looks like it could have originated in Quebec.. :haha: :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ragtopdodge

Maybe worth $20k if it was rust free, original fender tag, #s matching trans, correct year 340, decent interior, etc.

Has to go straight to paint and body IMHO, which is a minimum $20k job.

mccannix

Yes definately his old car as I can tell from the paint scheme, mods etc.
I never actually saw the car in person but Mark lived here in Ontario before moving west with the car to Saskatchewan.

DeathProofCuda

Looks like the car is wearing a Washington State license plate in that picture.

Mopsquad

Quote from: anlauto on September 23, 2021, 04:39:41 PM
Looks like it could have originated in Quebec.. :haha: :looney:

It never ends, you Ontario folks making fun of us Quebecers.    :P

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SgtSuperbird

That's hilarious, Mopsquad!

Us Detroit Red Wings fans might have the same to look forward to.  :crying:

cudamadd

I guest this is what some owners did back in the early days . But now in this age they look so bad  :australia:

340challconvert

Quote from: Western Hunter on September 23, 2021, 01:48:53 PM
Going to buy a 1970 Challenger, 340 4 speed, matching numbers motor and tranny. it has had some terrible cosmetic work done, fender flares added and a hideous paint job. Too bad because its an original plumb Crazy car.

Tell me your thoughts on, is it worth $25K ??
Western Hunter
Hope you decide to buy the A66 Challenger. If you do, please consider adding her to the Challenger A66 Registry. A 340 Challenger with a 4 speed is a fun car. (4 speed versions are harder to find). If the frame and body is overall decent (no serious rust) and the drivetrain is in good running condition, low 20's is not out of the ball park. A66 Challengers sell for about the same money as a base (383) RT Challenger. Cars needing a lot of rust repair and projects sell in the low teens and up. Optional equipment makes a difference in price too. A66 hardtops in decently restored condition sell for around $45-50K. Matching numbers and a 4 speed are a plus for this car,
Good luck with your decision!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Western Hunter

340chall... thanks for the info and opinion. I did bite the bullet and decide to get it, the car seems super solid with no visible rust, drives out nice and tight. I drove it one hour home from where I got it. 20+ years ago I had a 1970 383 SE, auto, triple dark green. Then I had two kids and the car got sold, I think it sold for $6,500.00. No regrets, did what I needed to do for the family. I always wanted another one and wanted a 4 speed car. This one needs some work but is what it is. It has some decent options, here is the fender tag.

DeathProofCuda

@Western Hunter Congrats on the purchase.  Looks like a nice place to start with matching numbers and mostly original engine compartment.   :cheers:  Was/is this car in WA State?