Main Menu

1971 340 vrs Hemi 426 price difference

Started by Manuel, July 09, 2021, 06:58:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

Hi,

Very interesting bid of a 1971 Hemi 426 going on at Hemmings.

Take the exact same car conditions etc... but being out of the factory with a 340 engine,  manual gear shift, manual steering.

What price % deduction would you figure out?

anlauto

A 1971 340 4spd Cuda is $80K-$100K fully optioned and restored

A 1971 426 4spd Cuda is $500K- $600K fully optioned and restored
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

... Deleted my post...why did I think you were looking at Chargers I'll never know  :looney:

Alan's on the money ..... Two different worlds, might as well be comparing
Ferraris to Pintos
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

7212Mopar

I thought 71 HEMI Cudas start around a million now. They are the most expensive E bodies.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

Quote from: 7212Mopar on July 09, 2021, 08:25:06 AM
I thought 71 HEMI Cudas start around a million now. They are the most expensive E bodies.
You're likely closer, I was being conservative  ::)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Manuel

Bullitt-

I notice it's an automatic.... Will that effect the value much?   
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

Automatic doesn't hurt the value....but a four speed greatly increases the value  :D 
Also notice "RESERVE NOT MET" still...

chris NOS

Quote from: 7212Mopar on July 09, 2021, 08:25:06 AM

Only convertibles sale for millions , and price for an automatic coupe  sales are more for 350 000.00 i think.But depends a lot about color and options...

7212Mopar

Beautiful car. I think all the bidders so far are not serious yet until it get closer to end of auction. Most people into Mopar knows what this car should be. We just wait till next week to find out.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Bullitt-

Quote from: anlauto on July 10, 2021, 08:49:25 AM
Automatic doesn't hurt the value....but a four speed greatly increases the value  :D 

Sure your not a politician Alan? 

Yellow71Cuda

Manuel

Paint shop must have taken that door decal away some decades ago.

Can one have it made somewhere providing back up documentation?

headejm