Started by Manuel, July 09, 2021, 06:58:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Hopefully this will help

Let's go back in time for a moment and see the difference in prices

I'm surprised the darts almost as much with a 340

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on July 11, 2021, 11:47:36 AM

The Haggerty car needs a better knock-off door sticker. The 6th VIN character appears to be off. Should be a " 1"

I could be wrong .

Yes, that was the point of my post. Amazingly beautiful car with multiple OE awards and a stack of documentation, but the VIN sticker has the wrong year twice (in the VIN itself as well as the production date). Very odd.

Manuel

anlauto

Probably a crappy reproduction from years ago :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on July 11, 2021, 11:58:11 AM

The Haggerty car needs a better knock-off door sticker. The 6th VIN character appears to be off. Should be a " 1"

I could be wrong .

Yes, that was the point of my post. Amazingly beautiful car with multiple OE awards and a stack of documentation, but the VIN sticker has the wrong year twice (in the VIN itself as well as the production date). Very odd.

From  the questions section of the auction:
Q: Just noticed the door tag has 5/70. The car was built 5/71. Is this a factory tag that was incorrectly installed. I have a car with the trans # one number out...the other car must have my transmission...but this is a whole year.....Hmmmmmm

asked 9 days ago

A: The door vin decal is the factory applied original, the typo error was recognized and it was carefully masked around and was not removed during the restoration. Factory mistakes like this were not uncommon at all. It would have been easy to order a new decal from ECS and correct the factory mistake but the owner felt that leaving it original was the only way to go and adds a unique (and undeniably original) detail to the cars history.

SELLER bugframes
answered 9 days ago

Scott Smith (bugframes) from Harms is brokering the sale for the owner.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Interesting that the QA of the day would NOT pick-up wrong the wrong VIN on the car...you'd think they would pay close attention to that type of stuff, or the dealership for that fact. :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: Skdmark on July 11, 2021, 05:48:18 PM
Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on July 11, 2021, 11:58:11 AM

I could be wrong .

From  the questions section of the auction:
Q: Just noticed the door tag has 5/70. The car was built 5/71. Is this a factory tag that was incorrectly installed. I have a car with the trans # one number out...the other car must have my transmission...but this is a whole year.....Hmmmmmm

asked 9 days ago

A: The door vin decal is the factory applied original, the typo error was recognized and it was carefully masked around and was not removed during the restoration. Factory mistakes like this were not uncommon at all. It would have been easy to order a new decal from ECS and correct the factory mistake but the owner felt that leaving it original was the only way to go and adds a unique (and undeniably original) detail to the cars history.

SELLER bugframes
answered 9 days ago

Scott Smith (bugframes) from Harms is brokering the sale for the owner.

The fact that this error is a factory typo (which I know wasn't in the least unheard of back in the day), just increases the cool-factor of this car. I'm glad they saved that original door VIN decal.   

Skdmark

The SPD on my R/T is 5 days ahead of the subject hemicuda.
While the vin on my door decal was correct, my cowl stamping is 1 VIN number higher than the rest of my car.

:looney:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: