Main Menu

1973 340 motor, 4 speed and 8 3/4

Started by Swamp Donkey, April 30, 2020, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

I'm looking to start the disassembly of my car.  Just curious as to the value of of the 340 motor, the 4 speed transmission, k-member and all attached suspension and rear axle.  All that stuff will be for sale. The motor is in running condition.  Minus the air filter.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Crocha617

Are there disc brakes up front? what gear ratio rear is in it? Sure-grip?

Swamp Donkey

3.23 gear ratio and yes, it does have disc brakes up front.   As for it being a sure grip, I think it is.  No guarantee but I can maybe figure it out.   
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Ok.  Disclaimer..  These are not asking prices because I am trying to figure out the value. 

Motor = 1000
Trans = 500
K-member and suspension 500
Rear diff 250

Are these reasonable starting points?  To high or low?  I want to list them for sale soon but really don't want to give them away for free. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

IMO both the 340 & the 4 spd are worth more although the 340 is not really desirable being the low compression & small valve heads but 340 blocks are not very common

headejm

Difficult and expensive to ship those components. I would assume you are limited to having someone pick them up or maybe you could meet someone half way. Either way it is difficult to move that type of stuff around. Looks like you are in BC, that might limit your customer base also. Something is worth what someone will pay. Advertise them and see what happens. Market will dictate price. Good luck with the sale!  :cheers:

cuda hunter

I agree with those prices.  Maybe a little low like Neil said. 
For someone that needs those exact parts that's a great deal.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

gzig5

They are lower prices than I've seen in my area.  Most of the running 340's I see around here are asking 1500-3000.  an A833 that is working and doesn't need an immediate rebuild should bring at least 700-800 IMO.  They get 3-500 for something that needs work.   If you are going to an automatic, I'd be interested in your pedal set.

Cudakiller70

Wish you were closer could use the 340. I'm in California east of San Francisco.

7212Mopar

Stock bore 340 are hard to come by. If that is what you have and no damage, it should be worth some $. Guessing $2k?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

RUNCHARGER

I think your prices are a bit low. However I know that location plays into it. I'd be interested in the complete 340 and 4 speed assembly when you decide to list it. We could probably figure out getting it to my son in Prince George.
Sheldon

71383bee

Out or curiosity....why are you parting it out?  73 340 4 speed rallye's are pretty rare.

I have the same setup and love it! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: 71383bee on May 03, 2020, 07:05:02 AM
Out or curiosity....why are you parting it out?  73 340 4 speed rallye's are pretty rare.

I have the same setup and love it! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm headed in the direction of a 3rd Gen Hemi and more of a "pro touring" direction.  Or maybe restomod.  Not sure on the description of what my vision of my car really is. 

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

1 Wild R/T

The 4spd itself $500 isn't bad but if your doing the modern Hemi swap you have more than the 4spd, you have the bell housing & clutch fork, the flywheel & the old clutch, the shifter & linkage, the driveshaft,  That stuff adds up & finding everything as a package is tough so I'd happily pay more to save the aggravation of chasing parts...

gzig5

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 03, 2020, 12:59:55 PM
The 4spd itself $500 isn't bad but if your doing the modern Hemi swap you have more than the 4spd, you have the bell housing & clutch fork, the flywheel & the old clutch, the shifter & linkage, the driveshaft,  That stuff adds up & finding everything as a package is tough so I'd happily pay more to save the aggravation of chasing parts...

I think Brewers quote was a bit over $4k for a full swap from an automatic on mine.  Granted that's with a rebuild trans, but you are right, all those little parts add up.