Main Menu

Need help with 2 speed wiper motor

Started by Hudchr8, March 04, 2023, 01:39:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Hudchr8

I tested the motor with jumper wires and motor checks out and runs like it should. Checked the wires at the motor.  With switch off blue wire has 12v. Turn switch on blue wire goes to .07v and red,green,and brown wires all show 12v. Motor still does nothing. Ran a jumper wire from the ground strap to the body and the directly to the neg battery terminal and still nothing. Not sure what to do next.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

tparker

I was playing with mine a while ago and ended up cleaning out the speed wiper since it was all corroded. It didn't work for a bit then it started and kinda surprised me. I forget how I got it running. But I think it was getting a good ground.

This video was helpful. Maybe it'll help here too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58yLxpYKD4E&t=374s

cudabin

After reviewing the factory electrical schematic, it appears at low speed, the brown wire should be hot (12V) and at high speed the red wire should be hot (12V). When testing your switch you should have continuity between terminal B and P when off, B and A at low speed and B and F1 at high speed. Should also have continuity between ground and F2 at both low and high speed.

Ns1aar

Check you wiper motor and switch for a chassis ground. The grease inside the motor may be rock hard thats the problem i find with the 2sp motor

Hudchr8

That makes sense. It's a reastat style switch. I'll check  the power at the switch and recheck the body ground and see what I find. Motor  runs with jumper wires so I know the motor is good. Thanks

Hudchr8

Just want to say thanks everyone for the help. Turns out the switch didn't have a good ground. I ran a wire from the switch panel to the dash frame and now it works like it should.