Main Menu

360 motor

Started by 74 rallye, October 19, 2019, 05:00:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

74 rallye

I was offered a 360 that is supposed to be rebuilt. Ok m leaning towards buying the motor just because it would be an additional mopar motor to play with or to put in something later, the seller is a friend of mine and I trust him. He is asking $400 because he has no use for it anymore, he had a duster project but gave up and sold the duster and parts car he had but not the motor. I'm thinking this is a no brainer but am looking for advice and thoughts, I already have a 340 in my 74 challenger but a spare would be nice, not sure what year it is but here's the number on the side
The only easy day, was yesterday

Chryco Psycho

You can't get anything rebuilt for $400 , I assume he has reciepts for the build ?
The date is cast on the other side of the block , there are also #s stamped into the block under the left head

Katfish

If he's a friend, go for it.
Worst case you have a $400 core.

gzig5

$400 seems pretty reasonable if the work was done by a decent shop.  I've got a nice clean '77 360 short block that is ready for a rebuild I'll be selling for $150.  You wouldn't be able to get much done to it for the difference in price.  If I needed a 360 and trusted the guy, I'd be happy to pay $400.

cuda hunter

400 is a good price if it runs.  rebuilt or not.  buy it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

NO, NO don't buy it, it's a piece of poo-poo and I'll come down and take it away for you so you won't have to endure these psychological dilemmas!  :D
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"