Main Menu

440/6 engine and components for clone/swap

Started by Choppintime, February 26, 2018, 05:08:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Choppintime

Toying with the idea of going late model Hemi in my Convertible. I have everything to convert the car to a 440/6 clone. Engine was machined and assembled - on a stand now. Although a non HP block I do have the correct k frame, radiator, exhaust manifolds, etc.. I also have what looks to be reproduction resonators and mufflers. The intake is there, new six pack carbs in boxes and air cleaner assembly. I know I also have the linkages somewhere with all the parts.

Guess this would be best to sell as a whole for sake of being the easiest. Wondering on what this stuff is worth if I chose to go the new Hemi route.

cuda hunter

So,

11/69 440 non hp block rebuilt and assembled
Intake
carbs
filter
air cleaner lid
K frame
two mufflers
two resonators
radiator
exhaust manifolds

What else? Am I missing anything?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Choppintime

I'm sure there might be more, but sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choppintime

Forgot, I have the exhaust pipes as well and an alleged 440/6 automatic trans that was rebuilt.

Pics below of the numbers on the Trans, which I've never decoded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Wild R/T

Trans is a real 70 440-6 unit...  An if possible should get reconnected with the car...

Lotta nice pieces there...

RUNCHARGER

I think you are approaching $10k there. Your car but personally I think it would be much easier to do the classic swap and I think it would look so much better as well. That's why we personalize them though.
Sheldon

Choppintime

Part of me says just do the swap and make it the 440/6 clone. I guess I'm 50/50 at this point. I also have a killer small block I was going to put in instead of the 440 stuff.

Decisions, decisions.....

Either way I'm not using that automatic trans. I have a four speed and/or Kiesler five speed I'd be going with.

Wonder if Barry Washington has any info on the car the auto trans came from? If it's still out there I"d love to reunite it.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

6bblgt

The V-code 727 transmission is from a Challenger R/T - JS2?V0B150561

Choppintime

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 26, 2018, 10:21:24 PM
The V-code 727 transmission is from a Challenger R/T - JS2?V0B150561

I shot an email with the info to Barry. Not sure how you guys know what it's specifically from but if the car is out there be nice to reunite it. I've got another trans that came with, I need to get the numbers off of it so you guys can let me know what that may be !!

nsmall

Quote from: Choppintime on February 26, 2018, 09:28:18 AM
Part of me says just do the swap and make it the 440/6 clone. I guess I'm 50/50 at this point. I also have a killer small block I was going to put in instead of the 440 stuff.

Decisions, decisions.....

Either way I'm not using that automatic trans. I have a four speed and/or Kiesler five speed I'd be going with.

dang, I wish I had your decision problems.  Another vote for the 440/6.  Sounds easier and that always sounds good to me. :bradsthumb:

jt4406

If you or someone you trust can tune the engine/carbs correctly, my vote goes for the 440/6. It just "fits". Add A/C and enjoy. It's what I would have picked if I had been able to buy one new. Starts instantly, idles smooth, and it's real eye candy. Just my .02.  jess
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

dave73

...or sell the 6 pack stuff, stroke the 440 and put on efi  :Stirring: