Main Menu

WIW original Challenger window louvers

Started by JH27N0B, April 03, 2021, 07:15:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I added window louvers to my T/A 40 years ago, and as much as I like them, I couldn't see putting them back on the car when I did an OEM restoration on the car.
They've been gathering dust here ever since, one of those maybe I'll use them on another car someday deals.
That will probably never happen, and in the meantime I have way too much "stuff" cluttering up my house and I need to pare down!
What is an original set of these louvers worth, complete with all the hardware and pins?

Floyd

I'm in a similar situation.  I bought an original set years ago with the thought of adding them to my T/A.  I don't think I can bring myself to drill the holes though.  That said, they make Great Wall art!

I'm guessing 1500-1750 if you have everything?

Shoooter

It's been along time since I've even seen a set for sale. 

anlauto

If you can guarantee they are originals, I've seen prices in the $6000 range....more realistic is about $3500 range, but even at that price they are not going to sell anytime soon...Most people looking to "add" them to their car will just buy reproductions, and the amount of original louver cars missing them is pretty slim.

I put reproductions on my original louver equipped AAR a few years back, because nobody really can tell the difference.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I have no doubt mine are real, I bought them in '81 or '82.  Guy in a Baja style VW flagged me down when I was driving my T/A and asked if I wanted to buy a set of louvers!
He was restoring a hemi cuda he'd found that was missing its drivetrain and thought these louvers would fit his car, until finding out cuda and Challenger ones were different.  I'd gotten the hunch he'd stolen these off a Challenger.   :o
I bought a '71 cuda 340 a year later that had louvers, I tried to keep them when I later tried to sell the car.  Too bad that didn't work out, the louvers now would be worth more than I ended up getting for the car.

cuda hunter

I have purchased an original set of challenger louvers for 2700.00  from a pretty well known person in the hobby. 
They were sold to me as cuda louvers and I believe they are challenger louvers. 
These aren't perfect by any means and need restored. 
Original sets are very difficult to find. 
That was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.   

I'd love to bartar my challenger ones for a set of cuda louvers. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

They are hard to tell apart sometimes unless you have them side by side :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Easy enough to tell if it is a Cuda or Challenger louver.....if you have a tape measure
Bottom fin on a Challenger measures 57 inches side to side bottom edge,
Cuda bottom fin is 55 inches side to side at bottom edge.
Cuda bottom fin is wider at 5 inches measured at the center of the fin,
Challenger bottom fin is 4 and 3/16 inches measured at center of fin.