Main Menu

70 Challenger RT four speed car

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, September 10, 2019, 01:39:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Finally got my RT road worthy and I am going to list it on eBay soon. I'd love some honest feedback on a good reserve. Not what you would want to pay personally but rather what the average joe might pay who is trying to get into the hobby with a decent starter car. Plan is to eBay it with a high reserve first while I keep tweaking things to make it better. When or if it doesn't hit the reserve, I'd like to have it ready to bring to the Fall Fling show in late October. Probably won't sell then either since Spring is when the buyers emerge but I can shake it down and see what things appeal or not to potential buyers in preparation for the Spring Fling and future Internet ads.

My original thought was to get a few more things cleaned up like the front fenders but a friend pointed out that I'm being too anal and need to start the selling process before I end up restoring the car one thing at a time.

In short, it's an early production RT with the numbers matching 383 and four speed. Few options but it's an original Go Mango orange car with black interior and black vinyl top. Freshly rebuilt motor runs strong and has less than 100 miles on it. Upgrade to front discs and electronic ignition. Drives great but still needs a few things like rear suspension tune up and obvious paint and body work. Had a prior front end crash but I fixed all the metal work (documented on a build thread on this forum). New interior, dash, vinyl top etc. Pretty nice car needing exterior cosmetics. No build sheet and I had a fender tag made to replace the missing one.

70 Challenger Lover

Should have pointed out that the hood and front lighting will be finished in a few days. Everything except the speedometer works perfect. All electrical stuff is either new, rebuilt, or very nice original.

anlauto

Personally I think you should keep going on the car. The work you've done so far is fantastic, but it doesn't have much "curb appeal" they way she looks right now. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on September 10, 2019, 01:44:51 PM
Personally I think you should keep going on the car. The work you've done so far is fantastic, but it doesn't have much "curb appeal" they way she looks right now. :alan2cents:

Yeah those fenders are hideous! I needed to assemble everything last week to fit it all, especially the hood when it goes back on in the next couple days. I will continue the work for sure, especially the stuff that doesn't cost much like the fender work. I truly don't expect it to sell anytime soon I can see those fenders getting some love in the coming months.

JS29

I think persona y I would grab a DA sander, some 320 grit, and give the front clip a coat of primer. I think it would look better. buy the way, the pictures of the rear and interior look good.  :alan2cents: :twothumbsup: 

70 Challenger Lover

So any thoughts on a reserve? I have a couple more recent photos now. If it don't sell, it's going to the Fall Fling. If it don't sell there, I'll spend the winter making the fenders nice.

7E-Bodies

I'd set the reserve at a point that wouldn't rock your world if some motivated buyer snagged it. Also, not knowing what you have in it, I'd toss in a guess minimum at $20k. I'm basing that on my purchase of a 440 rt, number matching, with two build sheets and fender tag, with a rust free body at nearly the same price last year. Your 4 speed adds a bit as would the high impact color. Purely opinion here. Other than that, KEEP IT! Amazing car.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green