Main Menu

70 Challenger RT/SE

Started by 7DHunter, October 02, 2020, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7DHunter

Hey guys/gals
I'm pretty new to the e-body world but i have found a car I'm interested in and just not sure of the value. The car is a 1970 Challenger RT/SE (JS29N0E). 383/auto car and its a project! car was partially disassembled years ago and has been sitting (15 years). Motor/trans condition unknown and most likely not original. Cars underside is very solid! No real rust to deal with. Most original parts are in or with the car.  Fender tag is present but no other documentation. Factory EB7 Blue with V6B stripe, Blue interior, A62 Rallye cluster, power brakes. A few more options on the tag but nothing to exciting. Car had a thin coat of white primer put over and some rust is showing through. I need some e-body experts to give me a rough estimate on value before i make a offer! thanks for and info in advance!!!! I will attach a few pics.

xx88man

I used to own this car. I'm going to send you a PM
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Be a nice stablemate for my customer's convertible I restored a couple of years ago....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

If it's truly solid, I would say $12K-$15K maybe more... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

I think that car is pretty solid. Most likely $15k and up, it really depends on condition we can't see and how complete it is. You'll want to make sure every SE specific part is there as the SE component doesn't add much to completed value but buying SE parts is difficult and expensive. I love the colour scheme.
Sheldon

7DHunter

Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2020, 04:28:36 AM
Be a nice stablemate for my customer's convertible I restored a couple of years ago....

Ah yes i was looking at that cars build online! Very nice car and great work!

7DHunter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 03, 2020, 07:38:25 AM
I think that car is pretty solid. Most likely $15k and up, it really depends on condition we can't see and how complete it is. You'll want to make sure every SE specific part is there as the SE component doesn't add much to completed value but buying SE parts is difficult and expensive. I love the colour scheme.

Ok looks like I've got a few figures of at least $12-$15K+ so now are we talking US funds or CDN? I noticed a few users from Canada on here so i figured id ask! Yes i will also be going through to see if the correct SE equipment is there.

anlauto

Where are you located, or more importantly, is the car in Canada or the US ?

xx88man

Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2020, 12:23:34 PM

The car is in Canada
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Quote from: xx88man on October 03, 2020, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2020, 12:23:34 PM

The car is in Canada

Okay....I would have to say $20K+ CDN in Canada.... :alan2cents:

headejm

The driver's side fender is wrong (obviously). Agree with the comment on how much of the SE stuff is included. $15k USD.

RUNCHARGER

I was thinking $15k and up US$.
Sheldon

xx88man

Quote from: headejm on October 03, 2020, 07:18:29 PM
The driver's side fender is wrong (obviously). Agree with the comment on how much of the SE stuff is included. $15k USD.

I believe the fenders are original but at some point the 72-74 Rallye fender scoops were added.  :alan2cents:
Keep yer foot in it

Shoooter

Car was imported to canada but never registered here. Make sure it has all the paper work

Shoooter

I've seen the tag for this car and what concerns me is there is no codes for air conditioning on it and this car is obviously a AC car by the firewall.