Main Menu

71 Challenger Hemi 4 speed Estate Sale Car

Started by bugnbox, August 27, 2020, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EV2RTSE

Quote from: Katfish on August 29, 2020, 09:53:59 AM
I'd take the $100k offered and run....... 

Is this car really worth >$200k restored?

IMO yeah, I think even the rebodies are fetching that...

GrandpaKevin

Very cool car :inlove: but depending on price might be the long, expensive way to own a restored 71 Hemi Challenger. :alan2cents:

69CudaFan

I have been quiet up to this point.  It is a legit, numbers matching car.  You can say what you want about the condition, but it is one of the most honest, straight-forward cars I have ever seen in person.  1 of 59 any way you slice it. 

It will wind up with a good home, but sadly, it won't be mine. I will always be grateful to lay hands on a real R code car.

Cars of this caliber are few and far between.

That car should be preserved as much as is reasonable, and enjoyed. @bugnbox knows I tried like hell to move mountains. Wasn't in the cards...this time.

Anyone on these forums would be happy to wind up with this car. Top shelf car.

@anlauto out here in the dry climate, you would be beyond jealous at how solid that car is. Factory undercoating too!

bugnbox

Well the bidding got a little hot today and one offer well above the rest came in and the heirs of the estate went for it!

I must be honest, it went a lot farther than I expected going into this project, which is a very good thing. Its found a good home and will get the attention it deserves and Mark's widow will be a little more comfortable in her remaining years.

It is staying in the US and the new owner is very deep into the scene. I'll let him make the announcement if he cares to, and I wont disclose the sales price, but based on everyones input here it definitely brought the money it should have.

Two Chargers left in the collection that will be available soon. (if anyone is interested)

Thank you all for your input and HUGE thanks to Shane (69CudaFan) for coming out to check it out in person and help school me on things.  Im bummed he didnt end up with it, but in the end I guess it went down the way it was supposed to.

anlauto

Well that was anti-climatic...I hope at some point we'll find out what it sold for....It's nice to throw out opinions, but it's nicer when they're based on actual sale prices. I wonder now who bought it :thinking:

I hope the car gets the full ground up restoration it deserves. :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bugnbox

I know...everyone always hangs on the numbers (just like those TV shows...in which all numbers are BS).  I will say it may or may not have gone north of a buck and a quarter .... for those that want something to ponder ;).

So in the end it was solid money for the estate which was the goal. There were a lot of vultures on the fence when Mark passed away, he would have hated it if someone stole it or paid pennies on the dollar rather than his honey reaping the full benefit of his tight hold on the thing all these years.

anlauto

What a minute.....haven't I seen you co-hosting one of those shows....What's my car Worth ? or something like that ... :thinking: :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

bugnbox

anlauto   Yup...you got me. I was one of the appraisers on Sticker Shock.  Thats actually a part of the reason I got involved with the estate.

anlauto

Quote from: bugnbox on August 31, 2020, 04:42:08 PM
anlauto   Yup...you got me. I was one of the appraisers on Sticker Shock.  Thats actually a part of the reason I got involved with the estate.

I actually enjoyed the show very much...nice eclectic collection of cars and there weird owners.. :bigthumb:

My name is Alan, by the way.... www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com  sorry no TV shows though :haha:

Here's some history https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/a-g-a-r-celebrating-50/17495/

bugnbox

It was a good show, we really had a blast doing it. Its a shame it didnt get picked up for more seasons, but I guess we didnt get mad enough and throw chairs around or do endless donuts while screaming out the windows...

Oh well...my 15 minutes of fame I guess.

Nice work Alan! Looks like you have a good thing going on there!

moparcar

Not sure if they are on this website but if anyone is on instagram, mopars5150 on instagram bought this car i believe. They have been posting it and pics. I believe they are mostly car flippers and mostly chargers. Quick restos and buff and shines to sell. We'll see what they do with this one. They also take cars with mostly a VIN left and a lot of AMD sheetmetal and put them back together. No offense (none at all) to them as they are saving Mopars and seem to have a great network to find these cars all over the country.

Not sure what they will do with this one, but I would assume it will hit the market soon. Hopefully it is well represented!

bugnbox

True,
Troy from Mopars5150 is buying the car. From what he told me personally is that this is not a car that he plans to re-sell and initially the goal is preservation rather than restoration.  Time will tell of course, and he can do what he pleased with it, but it is staying in California and he is extremely excited about it (and was not shy with his offer!)

The plan is for him to pick it up this weekend. The heirs of the estate will be here as well and it should be a very fun exchange...the passing of the torch and sharing of the stories. If I can document it to share, I certainly will.

DeathProofCuda

@bugnbox, what is the status on the rest of the cars that were part of this estate?

bugnbox

Two cars remain to be sold. The 69 Charger 500 and 69 Charger R/T which are being prepped now.

Late next week we return to the house to do a final search for any of the original parts for the cars, and to discuss a couple other vehicles on the property...so Ill have more details after that.