Main Menu

AAR project car

Started by Fastmark, June 02, 2019, 05:01:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

I'm asking here first because you guys are going to be conservative on price of this one for sure. The car is rust free but is missing the TA block, fender tag and build sheet first off. It has TA heads, intake and air cleaner. It has two fast ratio steering boxes and a few extra parts to go with it. It's  currently orange but with no tag, the color is not known. It would be a good entry level car for someone but never a high dollar car.

Rich G.

Not much of a description to determine what it's worth. What is the condition of the car? What options does it have?  Is it all there? What trans? I know in NJ the color is on the title. Not the exact shade but does give you a general idea. Hopefully not a color that has a few different shades.

Fastmark

The color on the title would be the current orange but without the tag, you can't prove anything. Currently has a 4 speed but I'm sure it was an auto. I do have the matching auto trans in my shop. The interior is a 73 with bad door panels to boot. It will need to be completely done. The body is very decent and garaged. I know the color originally but I almost hate to say it :barf:  I know the guy that owned the car in 73 and every owner since. I'm assuming a low ball guess here because of the MIA tag. I doubt I would get a repop tag but I'm sure someone would and change a few things. Like I said, not a high dollar car finished but an entry level car for someone. It will not need a lot of bodywork and the paint may still be ok for some. I'm thinking about buying it from my friend. It's currenly not running.

Katfish

Bossgold

70 Challenger Lover

I don't know how an AAR compares to the T/A value wise but I've seen T/A project cars go for a lot of money so not sure why an AAR wouldn't do the same.

If it was a T/A project car needing a full restoration but having all its numbers matching parts and fender tag, I'd say 30k all day long. I've seen more than one sell in that price range over the past 5-8 years. I think fender tag plays a role but build sheet is more icing than anything else. Every Mopar nut wants a fender tag on his collectible Mopar but the lack of a build sheet generally is not a deal breaker since so many of those are lost, or eaten by mice, or never included by factory workers. That said, I really don't think the lack of a fender tag cuts the value in half. It might subtract 2k off the price for a car like this. The lack of the numbers matching motor is a bigger deal and I'd subtract 5k off for that alone. Maybe another 1000-1500 for the lack of correct 6 barrel carbs. Rust and body damage is certainly a major factor here.

Based on what you described, I'd say somewhere around 20k. For it to be in the 10-12k range, I'd expect it to be a rolling shell or a more complete car with massive rust issues.

anlauto

Yup, I agree...in the $20K range  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

The hood is there and is a very decent Texas body? It has to be worth $20k by that description, VIN proves it's an AAR, if it was a 71, 340 Cuda it would be worth at least $20k so I would much rather have a Trans Am car.
I couldn't build that car without rallye gauges, 4 speed (keep the auto in the shop) and orange paint. I don't think I would build it without a stroker either.
Sheldon

anlauto

Even the most rotted out AAR's sell for $10-$12K didn't we have a discussion about one on eBay that was just a dash pad and some tags for $12K :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

This is a good friend so 10 to 12 is not even thinkable. He is wanting get a done Cuda with air and not restore this one. It is originally f6. There I said it. 😳 I have an f6 car but it is all matching with sheet and tags. I think I can find him the right car for 35,000

6bblgt

FJ6 - sassy grass
or
FT6 - burnt tan metallic
:dunno:

.......... or FF4 - lime green metallic  :twothumbsup:

Fastmark

I'm sorry. It's f4 green.

Rich G.

A lot of F4s popping up @Cudagirl3406 has an F4 AAR

kathyscuda

no tag, no sheet, keep walking .its a big headache .