Main Menu

A/C

Started by 1971Y13, July 12, 2017, 10:14:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1971Y13

I have the opportunity to buy a complete in the engine bay A/C kit, compressor and with all hoses from a 1971 B-body, I guess that's the same stuff as in my 71 Cuda, what's a common price for a setup like that?
Thanks in advance Sven.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

anlauto

$500-$1000 depending on condition :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1971Y13

Thank you Alan.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

Daveh

Man where were you when I was selling mine from my 71 Challenger 5 years ago.  Could barely give it away.  Good luck. 

anlauto

The compressor, the condenser, dryer, water control valve... really aren't worth much, that's all the stuff you're going to replace anyways. It's the four lines that have value, and of course the big block ones are worth more. Certain lines can easily fetch a couple of hundred bucks alone. 318 stuff...not so much. The compressor mounting brackets are different between 383 and 440 as well. :alan2cents: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Big block or small block?  Small block is much easier to find & much cheaper.... I've never paid more than $100 for small block stuff.... Big block the two hoses to the compressor are unobtainium....

Roadman

Your much better off spending the money on aftermarket, Like Vintage Air.   :alan2cents: 

Katfish

Threw all that away when I converted to Sanden compressor, it was only small block stuff though....

1971Y13

Quote from: Katfish on July 12, 2017, 06:31:25 PM
Threw all that away when I converted to Sanden compressor, it was only small block stuff though....
I have a Sanden just want this stuff for the chance to go back to original.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX