Main Menu

Chrome Front Bumper

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, August 29, 2023, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

I need a front bumper for my '70 Cuda project - previous owner went and welded up the license plate opening and bolt holes among other things.  I Came across a re-chromed front bumper but part number says it is from a '74 and price seems a bit steep at $700, but not sure what chrome costs these days so maybe not so bad??

I assume a '73-'74 wont work for my '70 project due tot he bumper guard cut out....

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

DeathProofCuda

Not sure about the bumper guard cutout, but part way through the 1971 model year they added a slot to the bumper and started using a different jack that connected through that slot.  1970 and earlier 71 bumper jacks have a J-style hook that grabs a cutout at the bottom of the bumper.  Either way, you are correct that a 74 bumper won't be correct for your car.

anlauto

A 74 bumper won't even bolt up to you 70n brackets.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

anyone have a '70 front bumper they want to part with??
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on August 29, 2023, 05:16:12 PM

If you find a second one let me know, although for the condition of my car I'm considering just going with an AMD repop.

pschlosser

Even fresh chromed and pristine, $700 for a 1974 chrome seems a tad high, maybe alot high.  but you may pay that for a 1970 bumper in nice condition.

7dcuda

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on August 29, 2023, 05:16:12 PM

I have a brand new Keystone front bumper for a 70 Cuda that I'd sell for a reasonable price but I see you're in CA and I'm in GA so shipping cost would probably ruin the deal.

Mr Cuda

Triple chrome up here is now $600 for a barracuda/challenger.
$1100 for a 71 road runner.  Andcyou better have a good core, as the straightening abilities of the workers has slipped. All the old guys with knowledge have aged out
I bought an AMD front  for my barracuda,  after all  they are just ornamental  and do nothing in a wreck. So strength of metal means nothing.
Just remember to make your bumper brackets fit perfectly and grind the mounting face smooth,  or you will get inside out dents in your chrome  when tightening the bolts.

70_440-6Cuda

Man, is there ANYTHING on these cars that is not $1000?

Anyone have a decent '70 front bumper they would like to part with? 

7dcuda

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on August 30, 2023, 08:35:27 AM
Man, is there ANYTHING on these cars that is not $1000?

Anyone have a decent '70 front bumper they would like to part with?

Did you see my above post?

70_440-6Cuda

@7dcuda I would be interested, but am hoping to find a nice original for less than the cost of a small village......