Main Menu

E-Body Front Drum Brakes - Value or Scrap?

Started by TWS, July 31, 2022, 06:13:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

TWS

Have several sets of E-Body front drum brake setups.  Not much of a demand or desire.  Scrap?

anlauto

I found that one of the aftermarket disc brake conversions used the spindles from the drum brake set-up, that would be the only value in my opinion, however 9 times out of 10, if you're doing that conversion, it's because you have factory drum brakes :dunno:

So, yes, I would agree...not much demand or value there in those parts.... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Every once in a while I see someone looking for a hub or spindle.. 
Why not post in the parts for sale section here, give it some time and see if anyone is in need?

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

RUNCHARGER

I pitched three 11 inch front drum setups second to last time I moved. Think if you want to go through the hassle of boxing these up, weighing them, providing a shipping quote and then the potential buyer not bothering to ever get back to you.
That's been my world.
Sheldon

70vert

hmm, guess I'll just toss mine also. I hate to do that but way tired of them taking up space in the garage, converted to 4-wheel disc many years ago.

I maybe try a "give away" post then scrap them.  :(

R/T's 4 R/P

I'd take a set if there's enough meat for turning for brakes. Mopar Nats?
I have 2 drum cars.
If you scrap, save the LH studs!
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT