Main Menu

How much would you ask ? UPDATE

Started by anlauto, October 25, 2019, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This is what is left of a brand new AMD E Body firewall.
New it lists for $499.99 #370-1570

What's left is a great patch panel for somebody....How much can I get for it ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

It is paid for correct ?
SO I would give it away to help someone .
How much would you ask ?

Slotts

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 25, 2019, 12:06:53 PM
It is paid for correct ?
SO I would give it away to help someone .
How much would you ask ?

:clapping: :clapping:  :perfect10:  :clapping: :clapping:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

anlauto

That would be a nice gesture for sure I agree....However my customer paid $784.95 CDN plus 13% tax for the whole panel. :o

During everybody's restoration I do I try to sell off the extra parts not used....This money goes directly back to the customer to help with the overall cost of the restoration....

Check out this ad, this is all his stuff...I store it for free (container cost me $100/month) when and if I sell anything after dealing with all the Kijijidots I keep couple of bucks for my troubles. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/oakville-halton-region/mopar-cuda-challenger-container-sale/1466094642

So in a way I guess you could say that I am helping someone out.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gzig5

If I needed the area on the drivers side only, I'd offer $100.  Yes there is usable metal there, but even though it's 60% there, I think it's only worth 20% of a new one. 

anlauto

That makes logical sense, thank you for the input, anybody else ?

Ohiowoodchuck

I might be interested if I could see a better pic of what you cut out. Not sure if you want to ship it though.

76orangewagon

I see incorrect style OEM steering column nuts and also incorrect brake line clip on the portion that's still there so if someone is trying to do a correct style restoration that stuff is totally wrong and is a dead giveaway it's been changed out and would all need to be changed to look correct so that being said I wouldn't think much.

BIGSHCLUNK

I would think a supply/demand kind of thing myself. Lets say 1/2 of a quarter vs half a cowl....  :notsure:

JS29

Quote from: gzig5 on October 25, 2019, 01:30:21 PM
If I needed the area on the drivers side only, I'd offer $100.  Yes there is usable metal there, but even though it's 60% there, I think it's only worth 20% of a new one.
:iagree:I was thinking the same, It will still have to be shipped. 

anlauto

Quote from: 76orangewagon on October 25, 2019, 02:31:51 PM
I see incorrect style OEM steering column nuts and also incorrect brake line clip on the portion that's still there so if someone is trying to do a correct style restoration that stuff is totally wrong and is a dead giveaway it's been changed out and would all need to be changed to look correct so that being said I wouldn't think much.

We always swap out all those items when we change a firewall, and we've done several....I remember looking at a nicely restored Cuda with @Cuda Cody in the swap meet area at Carlisle....I asked the owner if the firewall was swapped and Cody asked me how I knew...I pointed out the fasteners....Like you say...it's all in the details...

anlauto

Certainly not worth shipping a part like that...

Curious though....what would one do if they just needed the driver's side patch ? Would they rather buy the whole panel for $499 USD ? Or this piece for say $250 ?

GoodysGotaCuda

$100 tops and probably a local sale/no shipping.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

cuda hunter

100 bucks.  Depending on shipping. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Something less than half of retail, and you need the right buyer....
Sheldon