Main Menu

Rear glass

Started by nsmall, May 13, 2017, 04:32:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Im replacing my rear glass and I was curious what you guys thought this might be worth as I was going to try to sell it on Craigslist.  As far as I know it's a 73 glass and obviously it's tinted.

There's some slight scratches especially on one corner not sure if you can see it. Check out the final picture is I tried to get a close-up of the scratches.

I have all the Side Glass for sell too but I'm going to have to wait until the car is put back together as I'm keeping all of the parts in the side glass for reference for the new glass.

Cuda Cody

Shipping glass always scares me.  I've got a bunch of used ones that I've thought of selling too.  Curious to hear what you end up getting for yours.  :clueless:

anlauto

I sell used glass all the time. Usually anywhere from $5.00 to $20.00 each piece. Sometimes it takes months to get rid of it.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

$5-20, wished I lived close to you!
I paid $100 for the 2 door glass, RH & LH
Right buyer would pay $50, quick sell $25

RUNCHARGER

Yes: $25 max and local pickup only.
Sheldon

nsmall

I was thinking like $150.... so obviously I will totally lower my expectations.  Sigh

71GranCoupe

Last one I bought I paid $40 and it was tinted. Door glass paid $60 for a pair. Qtr glass was like $30/pair.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

At swap meets I'm famous for my $1 or $2 tarp with all sorts of good stuff on them....One year I had about 8-9 pieces of E Body door glass.....by noon I sold all of them for $5.00 (ALL for $5 not each) because I was tired of lugging them around. The guy that bought them still reminds me every year....he thinks he ripped me off, but I think that was the best sale of the day :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

nsmall

California prices are not so kind.  What's kind of hard to understand is new parts are so expensive yet it's hard to get decent money out of oem parts.

However the oem parts I'm selling are for sale because they weren't "good enough"

I justified buying new glass thinking I would get $600 for my old glass.  Oops.  Plus my best piece of glass was my windsheild that's now at the dump thanks to my body guy who broke it.   Sigh

Is it common for oem windsheilds  to crack when removing them?   Not the end of the world, I was just a little disappointed.  Probably first time the windsheild was ever removed since 1973.

Thanks

anlauto

Why do you think someone would pay $600 for your old glass if it's not good enough for your car, and new glass is readily available for not a lot more ? :dunno:

Most project cars come with some sort of glass :alan2cents:

I find people who want to buy used OEM glass are looking for absolute perfect pieces to replace their scratched piece.....
...and people selling used glass are selling less than perfect scratched glass they took out of their car....

The reproduction market has really killed a lot of the used parts market over the last couple of years :alan2cents:

nsmall

I paid $1200 for all new AMD glass last year.  Just saw this for sell......  http://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-BARRACUDA-CUDA-HT-WINDSHIELD-D00R-QUARTER-BACK-GLASS-CL-/291704637064?hash=item43eaf38688%3Ag%3AYnIAAOSwv9hW4GOv&_trkparms=pageci%253A7cf458b9-38af-11e7-9059-74dbd1804523%257Cparentrq%253A074e798c15c0a7f27865157ffffecdd9%257Ciid%253A10

Not only are these reproduction parts hurting the OEM Market but looks like the price is coming down a lot too on some items.

I'll lower my expectations.  Thanks

nsmall

I was thinking of holding onto to my on parts and selling them way down the road but now I'm thinking I'll just get rid of all of them this fall at the fall fling here in Van Nuys California.  Better sell now!!!!  I buy high and sell low.   :wave:

silver70

Best price I found locally was 250 for a rear cuda glass, if someone wants to sell one for 25 or 50, i'll pay shipping haha...  I never got more than 75 for rear challenger glass and hard to sell the quarter glass for 25.  Paid 35 for cuda quarter glass per side and was happy to pay that. 

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: nsmall on May 14, 2017, 07:18:54 AM
I paid $1200 for all new AMD glass last year.  Just saw this for sell......  http://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-BARRACUDA-CUDA-HT-WINDSHIELD-D00R-QUARTER-BACK-GLASS-CL-/291704637064?hash=item43eaf38688%3Ag%3AYnIAAOSwv9hW4GOv&_trkparms=pageci%253A7cf458b9-38af-11e7-9059-74dbd1804523%257Cparentrq%253A074e798c15c0a7f27865157ffffecdd9%257Ciid%253A10

Not only are these reproduction parts hurting the OEM Market but looks like the price is coming down a lot too on some items.

I'll lower my expectations.  Thanks

Does anyone know if that ACC glass is any good?

I'm in the market for all new glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

Is there even more then one manufacture of the glass or are they getting it all from the same supplier?  @MoparDave  sold me my last couple sets... maybe he'll know?  :dunno:

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 11, 2017, 06:35:42 AM

Does anyone know if that ACC glass is any good?

I'm in the market for all new glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk