Main Menu

TOP RESTORED & MATCHING# 340+6 car

Started by 71REDCUDA, July 09, 2017, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

autoxcuda

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on July 10, 2017, 12:04:38 AM
Thank you guys for great replies that helps!

I think i need to find a matching# car..

Its a good thing i dont mind a D32 car if it has a good color combo.. and the original docs.. BUT of course a 4 speed is a more attractive car in general.

I think the B5 4 speed aar car on ebay recently had a good price (92500$) and probably sold for that too.

I know of a restored TX9 4 spd for around 175k but that is over the top for me.. even if its a really cool car i rather buy me a Hemi then.

I know of Rudy's old B5 aar that sold to the Brothers collection, also seen the resto pictures of it.. Very nice one but not a perfect one with some aftermarket repro details.
Guess it was a hot potato because the 4 speed and fine resto.

Thanks
Nicklas

Do you have a link to the eBay ad or link to pictures of it?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

71REDCUDA

It just sold i belive..but i think the car was talked about in thread here not long ago, think the link can be found there.. it was done by Roger Gibson and the owner himself. Matching# B5 aar with a great resto.. he sent me extra pictures of undercarrige.. i can send some here later when im on the computer.

Not sure but B5 seems like a nice color even if its maby not one of the most attractive ones among some collectors?

Cuda Cody

B5 is a great color, but it's a lot like FE5 Red.  They made a lot of E-Bodies in those colors.  So while they are a fantastic looking colors on an E-Body, they don't have the same demand as some of the high impact or more rare non high impact colors like black.   :alan2cents:  For what it's worth, I love both FE5 and EB5 and would not think twice about owning those colors if the it was on the right car.

71REDCUDA

Well,

I know of a car in ek2 and h6xw interior.. over the top resto but with a non matching trans. Great color combo but its around the 100k.. feels like little too much

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 10, 2017, 08:59:16 AM
B5 is a great color, but it's a lot like FE5 Red.  They made a lot of E-Bodies in those colors.  So while they are a fantastic looking colors on an E-Body, they don't have the same demand as some of the high impact or more rare non high impact colors like black.   :alan2cents:  For what it's worth, I love both FE5 and EB5 and would not think twice about owning those colors if the it was on the right car.

I love all the high impact colors.  B5 looks better on an AAR though IMO.

kdcarman

Here is a numbers matching, 4 speed, full resto:
http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active/1970%20Plymouth%20Cuda%20AAR/135849
IMO - This is the top of the mark for prices on an AAR.  (Unless the same car was TX9)

From Haggerty price guide:
#1 concours  $160k
#2 excellent $123k
#3 good $86k
#4 fair $58k 
Also from Hagerty:  Colors can make an astonishing difference in both value and salability.

I sold my F8 column shift AAR about a year ago.  Of course the color and column auto impacted the sell price.  But it was still a solid, numbers matching car with build sheet and tags.  There is a wide range of prices on AAR's based on color, numbers, options, paperwork. 

In 2004 I passed on a TX9 fully restored AAR with NOM.  If I had it to do over I would have bought the TX9 NOM AAR. 

I believe you can nicely optioned in a desirable color in the $80k - $100k range.

Alan must be talking CDN dollars in his estimation. :Stirring:

The purple AAR Alan sold last year was a great value.  I am surprised the guy from Chicago did not buy it.  I don't know if it the auto is what hurt the price.  I think people in the US get nervous buying cars over the border and the market of buyers is therefore smaller.     

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

kdcarman

Quote from: blown motor on July 10, 2017, 05:36:04 PM
Just for interest sake this one sold at Mecum in January for $195K.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269379/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda/

That's the car that Tim Wellman bought to put back in his museum.    :thinking:

303 Mopar

Here is a Mr Norms T/A with an older paint job for $75k

RUNCHARGER

Automatic and Cyclops dash isn't going to bring top dollar IMO.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

This one up in Quebec seems like a nice one for a good price, 4 spd even!  $89,000

[ebay]112478438475
[/ebay]

BEST PRICE FOR THIS CONDITION, IS COMPLETE RESTORATION,PLYMOUTH CUDA AAR 1970, ONLY  000000 MILES ,THE CAR HAS NOT BEEN USED SINCE THE RESTORATION,,ONLY USED FOR THE EXHIBITION, THIS CAR IS LOCATED IN CANADA, I SHIP IN USA FOR VERY LOW PRICE.CALL FOR ANOTHER INFORMATION.GOOD LUCK.
ERIC TREMBLAY
1-418-654-5653

6bblgt

"FAKE" reproduction fender tags without the benefit of originals or a broadcast sheet

wonder what the car was when new?  :thinking:

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 12, 2017, 11:21:41 AM
"FAKE" reproduction fender tags without the benefit of originals or a broadcast sheet

wonder what the car was when new?  :thinking:

I guess we'll never know...Another example of a car priced accordingly. If it was documented it would be a six figure car with those options :alan2cents: I think it's priced right at $89K
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

at this point it's a AAR with liberties taken during restoration ( :notsure: it was probably green-column-auto & rusty)

IMO not worth the restoration or the asking price  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Somebody will buy it.....and again....We may be jumping to conclusions, for all we know he does have documentation ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration