Main Menu

TOP RESTORED & MATCHING# 340+6 car

Started by 71REDCUDA, July 09, 2017, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71REDCUDA

Hello,

Im thinking about searching for a J0B car (AAR Cuda or T/A Challenger) in the near future.

Im looking for a top restored show car with the correct details..

Matching# car preferly with auto or 4 spd..

If we skip the TX9 ones... how much money do you guys think it takes to find a super nice one??

Also which one would be generally prefered comparing AAR with T/As..

I know a few D32 AAR cars with non matching trans that is great restored cars with good combo.. but i think they are asking maby little much.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Nicklas

anlauto

I think if you want the best available you're looking at $150K -$200K and of course the AAR always trumps the T/A.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71REDCUDA

Alan, thank you..

So a D32 (non matching trans) AAR with good color combo and great resto for around 100k could be ok maby?

303 Mopar

anlauto

I wouldn't think so....non-matching numbers and auto are just about the two top "HITS" a collector car can take, especially an AAR or T/A..

My AAR was numbers matching in a great colour combo with a fresh restoration and I struggled to get $75K USD. BECAUSE it was an auto.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

There's very little difference in price from an AAR to T/A in my opinion.  I prefer the T/A, but love both of them.  Here's what I think good top end numbers matching 340 Six Packs cars would bring:

• T/A Auto = $75K
  • AAR Auto = $80K
  • T/A 4 Speed = $105K
  • AAR 4 Speed = $110K

High impact colors combos could bump the price up a bit as could great options.  To get over $150K or $200K I think you have to have something really special.  A really fine example of an un-restored car or a restored car that had something special about.   :alan2cents:

autoxcuda

Documentation, pre resto history/condition/pics, documentation/pics during resto, color, all original sheet metal seems to really seperate the super top cars from the rest.

I do know of an AAR 4spd high impact color, best of show winning type car that is comming for sale that does meet all those things.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

I only recall two AAR's that reached the numbers I'm talking about....AARRUDY's blue one and another red..

ec_co

Rudy's B5 AAR is simply incredible.  its one of my pinnacle cars I dream of
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda dad

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on July 09, 2017, 02:17:19 PM
Hello,

Im thinking about searching for a J0B car (AAR Cuda or T/A Challenger) in the near future.

Im looking for a top restored show car with the correct details..

Matching# car preferly with auto or 4 spd..

If we skip the TX9 ones... how much money do you guys think it takes to find a super nice one??

Also which one would be generally prefered comparing AAR with T/As..

I know a few D32 AAR cars with non matching trans that is great restored cars with good combo.. but i think they are asking maby little much.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Nicklas
You realize of course the picture you posted is my unrestored car  :)

cuda dad

Quote from: anlauto on July 09, 2017, 02:21:43 PM
I think if you want the best available you're looking at $150K -$200K and of course the AAR always trumps the T/A.
I think this might be the red one you are referring to.  Pretty cool car.

1 Wild R/T

Probably more or the T/A & AAR than any other Mopar... Those 340-6 engines are just made to have a stick backing it up....

Cuda Cody

I might be a little low on the Auto's.  Personally I don't mind them much.  With the right car (auto) you might get a little more then what I guessed if you wait long enough and get it out on the market everywhere.  At auction the auto's do okay too, but it seems like online they don't get near as much as the 4-speed.  At auction, if the car is done right it will bring good money even with an auto.

Quote from: TX9AAR on July 09, 2017, 07:06:34 PM
I didn't know automatics hurt the value that much.

anlauto

I don't know if Auto "hurts" the value per say, but it affects the resale potential.....Most, if not all AAR/TA buyers want a four speed, therefore four speeds are harder to find and much easier to sell......supply and demand dictates a higher price... :alan2cents: ......in the case of my AAR, I could have sold it ten times over if it was a four speed..... and just look at the comments about the project TA I was talking about the other day.... :dunno:

71REDCUDA

Thank you guys for great replies that helps!

I think i need to find a matching# car..

Its a good thing i dont mind a D32 car if it has a good color combo.. and the original docs.. BUT of course a 4 speed is a more attractive car in general.

I think the B5 4 speed aar car on ebay recently had a good price (92500$) and probably sold for that too.

I know of a restored TX9 4 spd for around 175k but that is over the top for me.. even if its a really cool car i rather buy me a Hemi then.

I know of Rudy's old B5 aar that sold to the Brothers collection, also seen the resto pictures of it.. Very nice one but not a perfect one with some aftermarket repro details.
Guess it was a hot potato because the 4 speed and fine resto.

Thanks
Nicklas