Main Menu

TOP RESTORED & MATCHING# 340+6 car

Started by 71REDCUDA, July 09, 2017, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Voodoo Child

Quote from: kdcarman on July 10, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
Quote from: blown motor on July 10, 2017, 05:36:04 PM
Just for interest sake this one sold at Mecum in January for $195K.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269379/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda/

That's the car that Tim Wellman bought to put back in his museum.    :thinking:
I've been watching Barret Jackson since it started on Speed Channel now Mecum on NBCSC and have gone to the Harrisburg Mecum twice. IMO the underlying facts of these auctions are.#1 it's a TV show. #2 There platform's for guys to whip out there d#&ks and play mines bigger than yours! All on TV of course! I never judge the market by auctions. Your better off on forums like this picking the brains of guys like Cody and Alan.(Hows that for sucking up) And finding on carsonline.com, auto trader classic or hemmings.

71REDCUDA

Quote from: Voodoo Child on July 12, 2017, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: kdcarman on July 10, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
Quote from: blown motor on July 10, 2017, 05:36:04 PM
Just for interest sake this one sold at Mecum in January for $195K.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269379/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda/

That's the car that Tim Wellman bought to put back in his museum.    :thinking:
I've been watching Barret Jackson since it started on Speed Channel now Mecum on NBCSC and have gone to the Harrisburg Mecum twice. IMO the underlying facts of these auctions are.#1 it's a TV show. #2 There platform's for guys to whip out there d#&ks and play mines bigger than yours! All on TV of course! I never judge the market by auctions. Your better off on forums like this picking the brains of guys like Cody and Alan.(Hows that for sucking up) And finding on carsonline.com, auto trader classic or hemmings.

I have a good idea of what they should cost.. Problem is that not many 340+6 cars is OE restored to top condition. And when they are.. i need to figure out how much more that car is worth compared to a regular restored one, also need to include options.. matching# drivetrain & documents to this.

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on July 12, 2017, 12:04:28 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on July 12, 2017, 11:21:41 AM
"FAKE" reproduction fender tags without the benefit of originals or a broadcast sheet

wonder what the car was when new?  :thinking:

I guess we'll never know...Another example of a car priced accordingly. If it was documented it would be a six figure car with those options :alan2cents: I think it's priced right at $89K

Not worth 89k with fake tags.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

nsmall

@71REDCUDA

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-/132259331118?hash=item1ecb453c2e%3Ag%3Adn4AAOSwidlZZVj8&_trkparms=pageci%253A16c6447a-68ae-11e7-b0d8-74dbd180f84e%257Cparentrq%253A41d7f13415d0aa411d3ef768fff54912%257Ciid%253A8

Not sure why that link came out so long but here's a 4-speed that obviously has a lot of issues.  Seems odd there's only 12 pictures when you can post 24....it only cost like a dollar or something.  There's no pictures of the floorboards or Underside so that's odd.

It's a 4 speed

ec_co

that one has rings all the right bells. ek2, matching #s, 4spd, fender tags and broadcast sheet. send it up to Alan and you'll probably still be ahead
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda dad

Quote from: nsmall on July 14, 2017, 09:08:30 AM
@71REDCUDA

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-/132259331118?hash=item1ecb453c2e%3Ag%3Adn4AAOSwidlZZVj8&_trkparms=pageci%253A16c6447a-68ae-11e7-b0d8-74dbd180f84e%257Cparentrq%253A41d7f13415d0aa411d3ef768fff54912%257Ciid%253A8

Not sure why that link came out so long but here's a 4-speed that obviously has a lot of issues.  Seems odd there's only 12 pictures when you can post 24....it only cost like a dollar or something.  There's no pictures of the floorboards or Underside so that's odd.

It's a 4 speed
I don't know if they were there before but if you scroll all of the way down there are a ton of pictures showing what looks like everything and then some.

kdcarman

Quote from: ec_co on July 15, 2017, 08:52:59 AM
that one has rings all the right bells. ek2, matching #s, 4spd, fender tags and broadcast sheet. send it up to Alan and you'll probably still be ahead

I agree this would be a great project for Alan.  I wonder what the reserve it set at?  :thinking:

RUNCHARGER

That does have the right stuff. Too bad Alan only works on Sun roof cars.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Really like how they put all the numbers up so you can see them.  Notice how the Cowl and Radiator VIN stamps both have the first "2" raised up.  They are a perfect example of how the numbers were stamped at the same time.  Same thing on the engine / trans VIN stamps... the second "2" is stamps deep and heavy on both and the "3" is super light on both.  Text book example of a matching VIN car.

I like that project a lot, but what is it going to take to buy it.

There was a super cool well optioned 4 speed AAR here at Carlisle that was a neat project, but it was a complete rust bucket and the guy wanted $50K.   :Thud:

340challconvert

Looked at prices for actual sales of TA Challengers from the Barrett Jackson Auctions over the last several years.
Thought members would find this interesting:

Went to the Barrett Jackson research site
Interesting numbers
TA's in various colors and all very clean or restored or better sold for the following:

57.2K    yellow 4sp
115.5K  go mango 4sp
93.5K    yellow 4sp
74.8K    plum automatic
56.1K    blue automatic
59.4K    yellow automatic
67.1K    go mango 4sp
50.6K    red 4sp
78.1      panther pink 4 sp

Sales were from actual auctions from 2011 - 2017

The 115.5k sale was the oldest from Scottsdale in 2011
Interesting information

T/A Challengers can be purchased in the 50-70K range.
I would like to look at the actual AAR sales; and put that data together.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Cuda Cody

I saw the 57K bondo bucket that Mark Young sold at BJ and it was in need of a lot of help.  I was surprised it went for that much.

71REDCUDA

I really like the red aar that RKmotors has for sale right now.. BUT the price is steep.. and i know the car sold last year? at MECUM for 90k i think it was..

anlauto

Ever since adding a "no reserve policy" to the Barrett-Jackson auction they have never got the top quality cars. :alan2cents: You have to check the other auction houses.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Voodoo Child

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 15, 2017, 08:43:08 PM
Really like how they put all the numbers up so you can see them.  Notice how the Cowl and Radiator VIN stamps both have the first "2" raised up.  They are a perfect example of how the numbers were stamped at the same time.  Same thing on the engine / trans VIN stamps... the second "2" is stamps deep and heavy on both and the "3" is super light on both.  Text book example of a matching VIN car.

There was a super cool well optioned 4 speed AAR here at Carlisle that was a neat project, but it was a complete rust bucket and the guy wanted $50K.   :Thud:
Ah' come on Cody! All that AAR needed was a good buffing out and some Lucas in the tank and it was good to go! :bigthumb: Ya' $50K, I don't know what that guy was smoking? But I wanted some! I felt I needed a tetanus shot after looking at it!   :rofl:

71REDCUDA

Quote from: Voodoo Child on July 19, 2017, 09:09:54 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 15, 2017, 08:43:08 PM

Ah' come on Cody! All that AAR needed was a good buffing out and some Lucas in the tank and it was good to go! :bigthumb: Ya' $50K, I don't know what that guy was smoking? But I wanted some! I felt I needed a tetanus shot after looking at it!   :rofl:

I know of the fy1 car.. loaded car but i yet to see a 340+6 car with 2 code tags + 1 trans am tag.