Main Menu

What's original 4 speed clutch pedal safety switches worth?

Started by Cuda Cody, April 02, 2021, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I have 5 1970 E-Body one year only switches I want to sell them and trying to figure out if it's better to restore them first then sell them or sell them in original condition as is and let the new owners pick who they have restore them. Date codes are:

300th day of 1969
335th day of 1969
11th week of 1970
25th week of 1970
47th week of 1970

Also have a 1971-1974 (date code 341st day of 1973) and a 1970 B-Body switch (date code 339th day of 1969).

Thanks.

anlauto

WOW....I'd say $1500 for the lot as is, closer to $3000 restored.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudamadd

Wow Cuda Cody I have to say that is very very impressive Awsome thanks for showing and educating us a little bit more cheers  :australia:

JH27N0B

I thought Brewers had some for sale for reference, but online they just list rebuilding services.
http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.php?cat=125
I'm not sure what a core is worth.  But I would recommend selling as cores rather than invest the time and money having them restored first. Or if you are not in a hurry, restore one and see if it sells quick and for good money before restoring the rest?

Shoooter

That's a good stash of them. I had one but I forgot to take it off when I sent the pedals to the sand blaster and it got lost :pullinghair:

anlauto

Send them all to SF-Resto... :twothumbsup: make them look pretty, then sell them
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 03, 2021, 07:09:39 AM
I thought Brewers had some for sale for reference, but online they just list rebuilding services.

Maybe I'm wrong but the way I read this is that he DOES sell them BUT requires a core in exchange that he can rebuild and it's extra if the core has a broken clock spring

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=CS2947858

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on April 03, 2021, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: JH27N0B on April 03, 2021, 07:09:39 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but the way I read this is that he DOES sell them BUT requires a core in exchange that he can rebuild and it's extra if the core has a broken clock spring

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=CS2947858

I believe SF-Resto restores them for Brewers... :thinking:

FE5CUDA

Save on the Canadian shipping and send them to JS Restorations, he's been doing them far longer than anyone else. 

anlauto

Quote from: FE5CUDA on April 03, 2021, 10:38:56 AM
Save on the Canadian shipping and send them to JS Restorations, he's been doing them far longer than anyone else.

Possibly, But Stephan took over where Jules left off after his passing away eight years ago :andyangel: , before that Jules was doing them for decades, but your correct....you can certainly save a few bucks in International shipping by sending them to Jim who also does impeccable restoration work on electrical components. :twothumbsup: They both provide excellent service to our hobby. :alan2cents:

ledphoot

I could use one for my '73 Cuda if it's functional :) I was thinking of putting a hydraulic pressure switch in to accomplish the same task since my switch is missing.

dodj

Quote from: FE5CUDA on April 03, 2021, 10:38:56 AM
I had read that Jim was having health issues and assumed his lack of presence here confirmed that.
Is he still restoring stuff?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

chargerdon

Quote from: ledphoot on April 03, 2021, 07:49:45 PM
I could use one for my '73 Cuda if it's functional :) I was thinking of putting a hydraulic pressure switch in to accomplish the same task since my switch is missing.

Oreillys sales Part #: 8486-05 switch for $18.95.   Looks like it would be a functional replacement if you need one.   No its not an "original" but if it fits and is functional, i've never seen a car show judge stick his head under the dash to look for stuff like that.   

cuda hunter

If your selling, I'd be interested in that 300th day of 69.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee