Main Menu

WIW? 1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe Door Panel Woodgrain

Started by 6Pack70, December 01, 2019, 01:42:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6Pack70

I have a pretty nice, complete set of Gran Coupe woodgrain for the door and rear panels. Really nice emblems too.  No broken mounting pins.  All bendable, pointed mounting tangs on the back of each woodgrain trim piece are present.  These were stored indoors for many years and were taped to a sheet of heavy cardboard with masking tape.  Small traces of tape adheasive on the woodgrain are visible if you look at them very close. Only 2 or 3 areas that I'm sure will clean off easily.   The aluminum trim has a few small white spots near the edges.  Looks like a tiny amount of corrosion on the aluminum.   They are really nice but keep in mind they are 50 years old.  What would a set like this go for and is anyone interested in them?  Thanks.  Eddie

CudaMoparRay

Blake@diyhemi.com

$200 is about the going rate for complete Gran Coupe woodgrain trim, maybe a little more for the door panel emblems you have with them.

The P5X9 houndstooth red interior trim goes for around $250-$300 respectively, being more rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

6Pack70

Thank you Blake, that's pretty much what I was thinking.  I appreciate it.  I think I have them sold to a member here.    Eddie

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6Pack70

He paid for them.  Now I just need a great box and some careful packaging work and they'll be on their way to him.  Thank you for your interest though.   

JS29

If i had not bought door end quarter trim panels with the red inserts all ready, I would have been all over these!    When i get my car out in the spring, i will have to send my black vinyl seats out to have the piping replaced with red.  No hounds tooth though.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: JS29 on December 03, 2019, 11:36:38 AM
If i had not bought door end quarter trim panels with the red inserts all ready, I would have been all over these!    When i get my car out in the spring, i will have to send my black vinyl seats out to have the piping replaced with red.  No hounds tooth though.

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

larry4406

These really need to be reproduced.

Heck I would even be happy with a metal "chrome" insert version.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: larry4406 on December 04, 2019, 02:41:08 AM

All it is, is body side molding that can be bought on a roll and bent to fit the channel in the panels.

There is a company in the metro Detroit area that still produces it

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

cuda hunter

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on December 04, 2019, 05:08:09 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on December 04, 2019, 02:41:08 AM
All it is, is body side molding that can be bought on a roll and bent to fit the channel in the panels.
There is a company in the metro Detroit area that still produces it

Blake,  are you just teasing us with some pics or are those the reproduced ones your talking about from Detroit?  Or are they for sale? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Tease! I believe the ones from Detroit are chrome.  :alan2cents:

Blake@diyhemi.com

This is a set from my personal collection.

They were originally chrome on the edges, but years of degradation/poor urethane top layers cause 99% of examples to be yellowed over the chrome edges.

They are urethane over foil design, just as the current production ones are. You can see in several of my pieces the tooling marks where the trim was cut from a roll.

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

CudaMoparRay

@6Pack70 Eddie, Got them a few days ago   :banana: and was very impressed by both the description accuracy and the clever "Handle with care Glass" labels.  :haha: Great packaging and an honest deal.   :twothumbsup: Great talking to you, Thanks again, Ray  :drinkingbud:

larry4406

Will someone come clean and post details of the alleged inserts available from said company in Detroit with pictures, links, etc?