WIW 489 drop out suregrip 3:55 gears

Started by scf100, April 29, 2018, 01:22:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

looking for one for my 73 Cuda which has a 3.23 open in it

What's the price range on these?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

kathyscuda

be very careful buying "'guaranteed its good"" posi's.
I bought one for $500.00 ""yup just pulled it out and it was quiet""
I put it in the cuda and it was singing a song I never heard.
brought it to wzoreks in westfield ,mass and he rebuilt it for $350.00

Katfish

I just sold my 741 3.55 that was perfect for $350.
Might have gotten a little more, but guy was local and I didn't have to deal with shipping.

Funny part is I couldn't sell the complete E-body rearend for $200 WITH the 3.55 in it when I had it up for sell.  People came out of the woodwork for just the chunk?

scf100

Quote from: Katfish on May 07, 2018, 05:56:28 AM
I just sold my 741 3.55 that was perfect for $350.
Might have gotten a little more, but guy was local and I didn't have to deal with shipping.

Funny part is I couldn't sell the complete E-body rearend for $200 WITH the 3.55 in it when I had it up for sell.  People came out of the woodwork for just the chunk?

yea there is a complete rear in Nashville,Tn.....too far to go...
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

RUNCHARGER

I must admit I've never bought a used one. I always figured I didn't want to pay good money to take a chance. I've tried ones I had laying around or bought the parts and rebuilt them myself.
Sheldon

nsmall

I bought a new Dr diff clutch, real nice used 355's, 741 case and paid 750 or 850.  Maybe I got ripped off but the dude who built it has been doing it for 40 years and its something I should never have to replace.  I picked it up.  Guys on ebay want all kinds of money for these third member set ups.

RUNCHARGER

You didn't get ripped off, that is the right price for those parts and you know what you have.
Sheldon

nsmall

Thanks Runcharger, wasnt sure based on what numbers are posted in this thread.  Finally I win   :bradsthumb:

Chryco Psycho

I saw an ad for 5 cone sure grips , I told the guy I would buy them all IF they were good & IF I could take them apart to inspect them  , not one was decent the cones were bottomed out in all of them , used is generally junk unfortunatley

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 07, 2018, 06:55:48 PM
I must admit I've never bought a used one. I always figured I didn't want to pay good money to take a chance. I've tried ones I had laying around or bought the parts and rebuilt them myself.

I use to buy used ones out of trucks & vans at Pick n Pull....  For $60 I'll take a chance & out of probably 25 used Sure Grips mostly 3:55's & 3:91's I only got one bad one..... But they weren't as old & abused then as they are today....