Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Steering Lockout Linkage

Started by kent_goins, February 26, 2017, 02:42:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

To all:
I am in need of the steering lockout linkage for my 1970 Challenger R/T manual 4 spd trans. Does anyone have a complete linkage to sell me?

Let me know and feel free to call me,
Kent Goins
405-747-8588

Cuda Cody

Any idea of Brewers will get more of them in stock?  Have you checked with @MoparDave to see if he has any in stock?

http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=123

And what parts would need to be swapped out to make a set like this work?

[ebay]142219319261[/ebay]

kent_goins

looks very much like auto trans linkage...but then again isn't like it.

kent_goins

pics of the assembly for those who can help.

kent_goins

Just FYI...I can buy the linkage above but am hesitant with the price being asked. So if I can purchase from someone on the board for a reasonable price, I will do so. Otherwise, I will pay for the above assembly and just bite the bullet.

KG

cataclysm80

Are the auto trans versions available anywhere?

Seems like someone made reproductions years ago, was that Brewers?

fc7cuda

Kent,

I would not suggest buying the auto linkage and trying to modify.  The difficult piece for the E-body 4-speed Big black lock out linkage is the rod which goes from the steering column down to the torque shaft.  I have some extra pieces from my recent install but not a complete set.  You might check with Brewer's and see what pieces they have available.  The complete kit on their website has been out of stock for over a year.  They may never have it again since demand is probably somewhat low. Call Jamie at Passion too.

If it helps I can post the pics of what I have and maybe others, including some vendors, can fill in for what's missing.  :alan2cents:

Tom

fc7cuda

Quote from: MoparDave on February 27, 2017, 05:42:22 AM
We order them as needed.

try
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-CHALLENGER-CUDA-3-SPEED-SHIFTER-RODS-LEVERS-SWIVELS-LOCK-OUT-LINKAGE-/391707988548?hash=item5b339d9244:g:DEcAAOSwo4pYkZgw&vxp=mtr

Kent,

Isn't your car a 4 speed?
I'd look really hard at this Ebay listing before pulling the trigger. (not)

Check with Dave above at Roseville Moparts, sounds like he can supply you with what you need. :bigthumb:

anlauto

The problem with buying used stuff is that there are dozens of different applications/lengths, brackets etc....You'll find everybody will "tell" you it's correct..... :pullinghair:

I would bite the bullet and buy the new stuff  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

Brewers is the only one making them. They had a vendor issue with 2 of the rods and had to source a new supplier. They are waiting on samples now.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

kent_goins

Thanks all for all your advice and assistance!!! As usual, this board rocks.

Yes my car is a manual shift 4 spd Track Pack RT Challenger....numbers matching.

MoparDave

Message from Brewers is that they will not have complete kits back in stock for another 3-6 months.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

anlauto

I thought the guys doing the kick down linkage were also doing these...sort of a silent manufacture ? Brian Brady.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kent_goins

saw a new one at NORMS SPEED SHOP...Any comments about Norms stuff???