Main Menu

1970 Power Brake Combination Valve Adapter Line to Metering Valve FOUND

Started by MoparCarGuy, December 12, 2021, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparCarGuy

Does anyone know where I can get the line shown that connects the combination valve (master cylinder tee) and the Metering Valve? I am looking for a pre-bent line with the correct fittings. I may have to buy a generic "conversion" line and bend it myself. If you know the exact tubing size, length, and fitting sizes for this line, please share.
I believe the fittings are 7/16"-24 and 3/8"-24 and I made up this graphic to help everyone in the future.

bc3j

MoparCarGuy

A little more searching the Interwebs and found this 8" brake line adapter at local Autozone for $5.99. Easy enough to bend it myself.
Part #PAAX-R340    AGS 3/16in X 8in 3/8-24 Inverted, 7/16-24 Inverted, PVF Steel Brake Line Adapter

floorit426

If it doesn't work out, let me know. I may have one in my junk drawer.

MoparCarGuy

UPDATE: The generic adapter brake line is quite a bit too long so I took up floorit426's offer about an OEM line to connect the combination valve to the metering valve.
Got the part today and the OEM line is so much better.
Thanks to floorit426 for having this part!

MoparCarGuy

1973 power brake booster, 1971 & later master cylinder (casting #3461187), and the 1970 combination/metering valve installed. Next step...bleed the brakes using the hidden vacuum pump under the battery tray.