Main Menu

70 Cuda parking brake cable

Started by B5fourspeed, August 11, 2020, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

My new parking brake cable seems to be to short.It is about a inch to short to reach the 2 rear cables.What should I check for.

anlauto

When the pedal is mounted, the cable connected (as we discussed the other day) at the pedal and correctly in the crossmember ....Is there a BIG ugly loop in the wheel well that looks totally out of place ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

I do not have the intermediate cable just the long one that connects to the rear brakes along the rear frame rail.I need about a quarter inch more to start the nut behind the equalizer.

anlauto

No, sorry...I wasn't referring to any intermediate cable. I was referring to the cable in the front wheel well and what it looks like.

I had the same issue you're describing, but what I discovered was the outer casing of the front cable was too long and made an ugly large loop in the front wheel well, much larger then it should be. I had to carefully shorten the outer casing of the cable and that gave me more length of the inner cable to reach the equalizer. I've dealt with a lot of crappy reproduction parts. :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

Thanks Alan.I did al just that loop a little and I wil try and get some more out of it.Thanks