Main Menu

Best reproduction Trim Rings for AAR - polished lip Brushed inside

Started by Bossgold, August 15, 2019, 04:12:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

Searched around and saw many posts on the current state of trim Rings for Chrysler Rallye Wheels, more specifically 1970 AAR. My new repop set arrived today and I was not that thrilled with how they looked. Produced by Wheel Vintiques. Not Correct or really even that close. I read a post about around 2006-2007 a company was reproducing Trim Rings and people thought they were very close to originals. It did not list the manufacturer.

So I figured I would ask to see if there are any current updates on this topic. The pictures make it really hard to tell what they will look like so when you get them and compare side by side to the originals its a day late and a dollar short......anyone used wheel vintiques??? is that as good as it gets????

Thanks

RUNCHARGER

Wheel Vintiques are garbage actually. There are no trim rings that look decent IMO. Best course is to search for used and restore them.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bossgold

autoxcuda

The 15x6.5 ones Mopar offered up till late 90's have the correct profile just ~1/4"? Shorter.

You can have the center moved on the rim to make the difference. Locally $30-$50/rim

All the repros can be spotted 25ft away.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

kape1

Found a set of these, almost mint. I need a brushed set for my -71 but is this rings correct for 1970 Cuda?

fc7cuda

Quote from: kape1 on August 16, 2019, 01:55:07 AM
Found a set of these, almost mint. I need a brushed set for my -71 but is this rings correct for 1970 Cuda?

That's a coincidence, I have a brushed set on my 70 and I'm looking to trade for the chrome.

erik70rt

I recently picked up a polished set from WV through Summit.  I am not happy with what I received.  All of them were scratched around the front face.  And the "polishing" they did left scratches all through centers of the rings.  I am going to send them back.  But then what choice do we have?  Hopefully the next set won't be as bad.  I don't want to shell out the $$ for a set of originals for a car that will clearly be not original.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

ply64post

Was just wondering what trim rings that went on what cars,I have a T/A , were they polished or brushed? What was used on (15") B and E bodies.Were they 70-71 specific?? I need a lesson on what was used on what.

Thank You
                                                               Jeff.

Bossgold

here are some pictures of the ones I received. What I don't like about them is the edge is not polished and the step rings don't match the original looking wheel edge on my original rings. Also, the inside lip should be polished

MoparDave

there is NO good reproduction on the market. they will work but the profile is Wrong.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

headejm

Quote from: ply64post on August 16, 2019, 08:48:24 AM
Was just wondering what trim rings that went on what cars,I have a T/A , were they polished or brushed? What was used on (15") B and E bodies.Were they 70-71 specific?? I need a lesson on what was used on what.

Thank You
                                                               Jeff.

Do you have your Broadcast Sheet? The last two digits of the trim ring part number are called out. Line 4 under "Wheel Cover". For example...43 is for part number 3461043 Wheel Trim Ring 15" Polished.  :cheers:

ply64post

Unforchantly no I don't have the broadcast sheet. 

:thankyou:

Thanks Again
                                                       Jeff