Main Menu

Polished 15 x 7 trim rings wanted

Started by vinsar, August 13, 2019, 12:25:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

vinsar

Wanted:  Two original polished stainless trim rings for the 15 x 7 wheels. Must be the correct depth. The repro's out there are all wrong and look terrible..email flitesweep@yahoo.com or this forum..

bluemp301

Just purchased 1 of these for my dad's 71 Challenger. (he somehow lost one recently)

https://www.cokertire.com/15-3-step-trim-ring.html

Fitment and finish matched the rest on his car.

vinsar

Thanks but I purchased a set awhile back and they look nothing like the originals...Still looking for originals if any one has them.

fc7cuda

I'm looking for some too, even offering my 71 "brushed" ones for trade. 

Lets hope we both find some - I'll let you know if I run across extras too.  :bigthumb:

Bossgold

Did you notice that the Polished have the correct stepped side lip(mopar) compared to the brushed which looks like the incorrect wheel Vintiques. At least look at the pictures on the Coker tire site

RUNCHARGER

The Wheel Vintique/Coker Corvette ones may be closer to original Mopar look although I think they attach wrong. The "Mopar" ones are absolutely not even close to correct, they are even flat on the inside dish instead of being curved. I brought two sets in for guys and neither one of those guys took them.
Sheldon

vinsar

I bought a set of the brushed ones first and then a set of the polished cause the pictures on coker's website looked somewhat correct. They are both the same wrong profile. Not correct but I guess better than nothing. If anyone wants either set of four I would sell them for $100 plush shipping. Meanwhile the search continues.

vinsar

Sounds good, I do know a guy that has three nos ones of the later 6.5 rally wheel version. He's looking for $600 which is kind of steep so I'm going to hold off and hope I find two more of the correct ones.

Bossgold

Vinsar,  thanks for that input...I thought the polished pictures looked close. Glad you posted so I did not do the same. Thank you....