Main Menu

Polished trim rings full 3"

Started by gygeneral, August 05, 2017, 07:20:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gygeneral

I need your input again, I have four 15x7 full 3" Mopar trim rings. Perfect condition, no dents. WIW ??

thanks

CudaMoparRay

Don't know what they are worth but very nice looking. Will stay tuned to know their value.

Cuda Cody

Are those original Mopar rings?  The reproductions are not 100% correct and a lot of people want the original ones.

gygeneral

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 11:39:33 AM
Are those original Mopar rings?  The reproductions are not 100% correct and a lot of people want the original ones.

Yes they are Cody

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat:  Not sure what they are worth, but I could sure use a set.   :bigthumb:   

Topcat

Those are really nice. 

As many know, the current reproduction rings for Rallye wheels don't snug up to the rim tightly like the originals do.

This might be a good reproduction to get done right once and for all.

@TONY   

:fingerscrossed:   (reminds me of Nixon getting on the Helicoptor after resigning) 

cuda dad

Can you post a picture of the back side and any tag that may be on them?

fc7cuda

You'll have a line of folks wanting those...they typically sell each for more than the 390 rims they came on.  :alan2cents:

B5Cuda440-6

:iagree:

I've see fully restored 15 X 3" trim rings go for between $300-400 a piece. If they still have the original "DCPD" tags on the back with a readable part number, that a bonus as well. Most tags are damaged and/or missing.

autoxcuda

Quote from: gygeneral on August 05, 2017, 01:44:22 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 11:39:33 AM

Yes they are Cody

I thought you said in Moparts you bought them from Mopar Performance 14 years ago?

I bought some in 1989 and those were all 15x6.5. But those still have the right contour features. They donhave a 3/16 or 1/4" (forgot exactly) gap between the ring and a 15x7 rim with factory 4.25" backspacing. Those 15x6.5's dried up in the mid 90's sometime.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

RUNCHARGER

I had a bunch of real 70-71 issue ones that needed repair. Advertised on Moparts with zero interest, I threw them all away except for keeping the best 8. A lot of people don't want to restore originals and would prefer to run shiny, incorrect rings that they can pay for with VISA and slap on immediately. These were the worst 4, they are garbaged now along with the next best 2.
Sheldon

70/6chall

I guess I'm the, really like the shiney incorrect look guy, the 14" Rallye wheels I have on the car are the original assy. line placed wheels. So I was always careful to remove the trim rings before any tire change and or tire repairs were made. So original wheels, dust caps and the brushed trim rings are still in place unblemished, unmarred. I liked the chrome look of the 15's so much, I had the brushed rings polished out. Got the look I wanted on a smaller wheel. Maybe not pure but...............
Thanks,   Al

autoxcuda

These are 15x6.5 i think. They could be 15x7's but doubt it. Anyways, the 6.5 and 7's have the same edge contour.

The final edge feature actually angles back toward the tire/rim.

Also, the last body line feature is very short and very sharp. The reproduction are slightly taller and softer/less-sharp. Same for the very edge of the ring near the tire.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...