Main Menu

Brake pedal ratio 1973 Dodge Challenger

Started by Stockcar axeman, July 21, 2022, 07:01:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Stockcar axeman

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what the brake pedal ratio is for a 73 Challenger with manual disc brakes up front and drums in the rear. The car is apart in boxes and I need to answer this question from Wilwood to order up new front brakes for my car. I believe it is 6 to 1 but I need to be sure about this before I order and wait who knows how long for the parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cary

bc3j

I have a spare 1970 Challenger brake pedal out of the car. I believe them all to be the same. I'm sure the knowledgeable guys know for sure. I measured mine from the center of the pivot to the center of the pedal pad at 12.75". From the center of the pivot to the center of the brake pushrod hole at 1.80". Gives a pedal ratio of 7.08333. FWIW I used all Mopar sourced brake components.

Stockcar axeman

Thanks for the reply. I thought this info would be readily available info but yours is the first response I've received on a couple of websites in a weeks time. Thank you.

bc3j

Hope it helps. Good luck on your project.

Chryco Psycho

I recalled it was about 7:1 when I did the calculation  but it has been a number of years  :thinking: