Main Menu

Help!! Need Brake Pedal Linkage Measurements to Calculate Pedal Ratio

Started by CoonsRT/SE, October 18, 2019, 02:30:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CoonsRT/SE

I'm converting my 70 Challenger RT/SE to Wildwood Disc brakes front/rear and need measurements to figure out the pedal ratio. I would measure myself, but the car is being rebuilt 2,500 miles away and its just a shell right now. I would be very happy if anyone has a 70 Challenger with Power brakes that could measure these two points.

- Measurement from the center pivot point of the pedal to the center of the foot pedal?
- Measurement from the center pivot point of the pedal to the center of the pushrod attachment?

Thanks in advance!!

GoodysGotaCuda

Manual or power brakes?

For what it's worth I have manual Wilwoods on the front/rear on my car, if that would be of any help.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

headejm

@CoonsRT/SE  Can you make a sketch of exactly what you are looking for? I could easily provide any measurements for you.  :cheers:

CoonsRT/SE

Hi Headejm, That would be great, but the car is being restored in Minnesota and I don't have access to a pic of the linkage. Would it be possible to attach a pic of a side view of the brake pedal/linkage and attach it so I could illustrate what measurements are needed? Thanks in advance!!!

303 Mopar

Quote from: CoonsRT/SE on October 18, 2019, 02:30:36 PM
I'm converting my 70 Challenger RT/SE to Wildwood Disc brakes front/rear and need measurements to figure out the pedal ratio.

Do you currently have manual or power brakes?  And are you staying with that or changing?

CoonsRT/SE

It had power brakes originally, but when taking with Wilwood they think the pedal ratio is around 4:1 and Manual brakes are around 6:1. They suggest the 6:1 ration for the master cylinder/proportioning valve upgrade I'm going. I would like to double check the ratio myself, but need the measurements of a 70 Challenger power brake set up to do this. Thanks!

headejm

Hopefully these will help. Difficult to get a good angle.

CoonsRT/SE

Thanks so much Headejm!! Please find my marked up pics trying to illustrate the measurements I need. I really appreciate the help.

headejm

@CoonsRT/SE

1. The long measurement from the center of the brake pedal to the center of the brake pedal center pin is 13"

2. The shorter measurement between the two linkage center pins is 2 3/8"

Hope those help.

FYI - place a @ sign in front of the member's name that you want to communicate directly to.

CoonsRT/SE

@Headejm This is great!! Thanks a ton. Pedal Ratio is 5.5:1. That should be good enough for the conversion. Thanks again for you help!!