Main Menu

Busted 4 link

Started by IMNCARN82, August 30, 2017, 03:45:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IMNCARN82

Yes,I agree CP.  go with the Dana.   Was considering that just liked the look of the fabricated pumpkin with the backbone brace.     

Prolly stick with the 3:91 ratio tho.
round tail lights forever !!

Chryco Psycho

Dana is only 3.73 or 4.10 , I would use 3.73

IMNCARN82

ya saw that. Thanx CP.      what about the upper link tabs welded on the housing?   Havn't seen the RMS with a dana yet.   Need to make a decision and get it on the way! 

Is moser ok to go through? 

http://www.moserengineering.com/complete-rear-end-assemblies/moser-dana-60-built-to-order-rear-end-package.html

thanx   

R/T

moparcar

I've always heard good things about both Moser and Currie. Keep in mind we also have Mark Williams Enterprises near to us in the Boulder, CO area in Louisville in the Colorado Tech Center. Could probably have them weld on the tabs and pick it up without shipping.

Wes

IMNCARN82

Brads70

Gun drilling is when they drill a hole the length of the axle shaft to lighten it.
Access hole is a hole in the flange to access the bolts that hold the axle in .
Lightening holes are holes between the studs to lighten the flange .
I wouldn't recommend any of these features for a street car.

Chryco Psycho

Mark Williams , Dr Diff , Moser & Strange are all good to deal with

HP2

Always had good experiences with Mark Williams, and they are local.

1 Wild R/T

So this thread is about a frame mount on a 4 link that failed yet most don't talk about the 4 link, they talk about building a tougher axle... WTF....

Brads70

I don't think the Dana would work with the 4 link..... Great rear end though, I have one in mine :bradsthumb:

IMNCARN82

Eh. I just need a new rear end is all.   The 4 link bar failed because of me.  Not the product.   

IMNCARN82

ya kinda thought so Brad.   my gut says get a new banjo style 8 3/4 housing.  not sure I trust the fabbed unit for the upper link tabs.  (Is it strong enough?)      don't wanna be screwing around again.   :deadhorse:

FSHTAIL

Looks like I'll stay away from that brand name.     
I drive too hard on my stuff. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

RUNCHARGER

I think he said he nailed it in reverse. hard to engineer for that.
Sheldon