Main Menu

Correct spacer saver bottle mounting

Started by scf100, February 09, 2022, 06:35:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

Just bought a bottle and bracket both reproduction

This is how I mounted it in my Challenger but does not look right......is this shaft I am pointing at right?....the bracket does not slide down it unless I drill hole larger
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

anlauto

That spacer is not supposed to be there. Is it because you've run out of threads ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

I believe you need to change to the shorter SS rod, or your SS wheel is too shallow.

71vert340

Here's my space saver spare. No spacer. Threaded rod appears shorter than yours.
Terry W.

headejm

:iagree: Also, on my 1970 Challenger the wingnut is silver chrome not black. Not sure I've ever seen a black wingnut.  :notsure:

6bblgt

:iagree: with the above & it appears your wheel is a Ford unit - '69 & '70 Boss Mustangs used the same spare tire

scf100

Quote from: 71vert340 on February 09, 2022, 08:48:05 PM
Here's my space saver spare. No spacer. Threaded rod appears shorter than yours.
Terry W.

Ok so maybe I have a wrong ss tire but........is there a mounting bracket on the bottom that the tire rests on?

anlauto

The tire rests on the hook like in Terry's pictures above. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

scf100

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 09, 2022, 09:56:11 PM
:iagree: with the above & it appears your wheel is a Ford unit - '69 & '70 Boss Mustangs used the same spare tire

I pulled it out and yes it's from a Ford looks like 1977 Midsize car good eye!

It's a D78-14 tire

scf100

So forgive me I ve never had a mopar with a space saver

So what is the gray part below tire I circled?
I do not have that............is it the jack hook?

anlauto

Yes, that is the jack hook. Does your car have the jack instruction decal on the trunk lid? That pretty much answers all your questions so far ?

scf100