Main Menu

cuda spare tire setup

Started by culp71, January 24, 2019, 12:38:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

looking for pics of how spare tire, jack bolt, wing etc all items that go in the truck, especially the tire and hold down hardware. etc. 71 cuda

Rich G.

If you have a space saver tire the jack hook goes under the tire on the end then the wingnut holds everything tight to the floor. Hope this helps and the pics aren't upside down!

anlauto

Do you have a jack instruction decal ? All your questions are answered in those pictures. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

Some random pictures that may assist . . .

culp71

using a full size spare,
so will the stud go through one of the lug holes or just in the center?
should the tire touch the rear seats cross section frame part?
where can one find the large plate that is above spare?

73_Cuda_4_Me

tire hold-down goes through center of rim, tire comes close to rear seat cross-member, but doesn't touch (at least my 255-14 doesn't), and the plate is the base of the jack flipped upside down...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

larry4406

What would/should a 71 barracuda vert have for a spare?  I don't have the broadcast sheet on mine.  When I bought it in 1983 it had a full size spare in the trunk.

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on January 26, 2019, 07:06:46 AM
What would/should a 71 barracuda vert have for a spare?  I don't have the broadcast sheet on mine.  When I bought it in 1983 it had a full size spare in the trunk.

All convertibles should have come with a collapsible spare tire
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

larry4406

Quote from: anlauto on January 26, 2019, 07:39:02 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on January 26, 2019, 07:06:46 AM

All convertibles should have come with a collapsible spare tire

Thank you.  I think I will stick with a full size.