Main Menu

Disk brake dust shields don’t fit, ideas?

Started by Lloyd Lind, January 21, 2018, 01:19:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Lloyd Lind

I have two sets of rotors and both interfere with the center of the dust shield where it comes into the rotor at the bearing seal. The rotor will not go on enough to seat the bearings and it rubs on the dust shield and keeps the rotor out about 1/2 inch. I took off the shield and everything fits perfect. Should I remove the center of the dust shield with snips to clear or am I missing something stupid. I'm old enough to know it's possible. Lol

The rotor center was all painted up nice on the back to protect it and the paint is all knocked off now, no good deed goes unpunished!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Those look like 1970 dust shields, are you sure the disc's are correct and that you have the shields installed on the correct way?  Here's a photo of them installed (First photo is not painted black).

1 Wild R/T

The 70 shields interfere with the later design rotor seal... Trim the shield.... Or run the late design shield which just looks wrong IMO..

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 21, 2018, 01:51:34 PM
The 70 shields interfere with the later design rotor seal... Trim the shield.... Or run the late design shield which just looks wrong IMO..

:iagree:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

70 has the smaller inner brg so the dust shield is smaller , I bet someone is looking for those .