Main Menu

E-Body Tire Sizes (what fits, what's too big, what looks good)

Started by Timbbuc2, October 16, 2017, 08:16:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

My plans too, same sizes. Just waiting till spring.  Need pics....

Timbbuc2

She finally got new tires. Will post better pics later
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Got that blue and purple contrast going on..........Looks good....  :rubeyes:..LOL.......what width are the wheels.......?

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on March 05, 2019, 09:51:25 AM
Got that blue and purple contrast going on..........Looks good....  :rubeyes:..LOL.......what width are the wheels.......?
a
15x7 wheels
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Ok.  I bought 15 x 8........ tires soon............

Chryco Psycho

shawge

:bigthumb:  Thanks Chryco.

Let me know if you see errors or if it can be improved. I haven't touched this since I bought my wheels but I think it would help others get a quick idea of whet would work.  As always, YMMV. Best to measure for your application before you plunk down the $$$.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

dave73

Quote from: shawge on July 03, 2019, 01:18:20 PM
:bigthumb:  Thanks Chryco.

Let me know if you see errors or if it can be improved. I haven't touched this since I bought my wheels but I think it would help others get a quick idea of whet would work.  As always, YMMV. Best to measure for your application before you plunk down the $$$.

This spreadsheet is killer. It would be awesome to include a hyperlink to a picture of the car. But I understand the time and effort needed to do so. Too bad a forum post couldn't be setup in that manner. Instead of posts being sorted by date posted, sorted in similar groups based on wheel/tire setup.

Cratos

15x 10's and 295's and SS springs on the back a little big. :)

bc3j

15x7 4" bs Chrysler police wheels with '70 rallye centers 235/60-15 all around.

70vert

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 18, 2017, 06:43:46 AM
17x8 with 245/45 and 17x9 with 275/40.  Car lowered 1 1/2 inch all the way around.

@Shane Kelley - I know this is an old post but curious how you lowered the front? I backed off the torsion bars to drop mine but then couldn't get an alignment right. looked awesome though (:
PS - I have 17x8 Cragar's front & back.

HP2

The more rake you put in a mopar, the harder it is to get it to align. if you drop it consistently all around, you can still maintain some decent angles.

Moog offset upper control arm bushings for low cost, or tubular arms with revised geometry, are the two most effective ways of restoring alignment angles.

918Muscle

I went with Foose Knuckle wheels 18x8 with 245/45R18 in the front and 18x9.5 with 275/40R18 in the back. For the tires I went with Nitto NT555 G2's. Stock suspension and fit with no issues or rubbing. Actually could have went larger in the rear. I'm happy.  8)

Dakota

Quote from: 918Muscle on December 06, 2019, 06:43:55 PM
I went with Foose Knuckle wheels 18x8 with 245/45R18 in the front and 18x9.5 with 275/40R18 in the back. For the tires I went with Nitto NT555 G2's. Stock suspension and fit with no issues or rubbing. Actually could have went larger in the rear. I'm happy.  8)

Nice! What backspacing did you end up using?

918Muscle

I believe the back spacing was 4.5 for the front and 5.25 for the rear.