Main Menu

FIRM FEEL NEEDLE BEARING IDLER ARM KIT INSTALL

Started by MOPAR MITCH, June 30, 2017, 11:11:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MOPAR MITCH

Has anyone installed this Firm Feel needle bearing idler arm kit?   I'm attempting to grind my new Moog K7014 long (c-body, aka "fast ratio" idler ar, so to get the rubber guts out, but I'm not getting anywhere... by grinding the ID.   Should I be grinding the sides of the arm down, say, about 3/16"-1/4"?     I have my recently welded kframe on a bench now, so, I'd like to install the idler arm and sway bar all as one-unit.

T/Anks ahead for any replies (I tried calling FF today but they were too busy to talk in detail with my own limited time.)

Mopar Mitch
Challenger T/A
Chicago area

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

Dick Ross (Firm Feel owner) is a friend and live only a few miles from my place.  Do you have a photo of the issue so I can show him next time I see him?

61K T/A

MOPAR MITCH

T/Anks guys.... the kit has instructions but they're not clear where to grind... top ID outwards... or top OD downwards.

http://firmfeel.com/img/old/idlerkitIIinstructions.jpg

I'm gonna try FF again now... maybe they'll answer if avlbl.   I'll let you know of the outcome.

Katfish

autoxcuda

I thought Mopar Action Rich Eherenburg did an install artical on this kit. That might shed some more light on he install.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

JS29

:thinking: I wonder if if youtube or gogle would have the information you need?   

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Katfish on July 01, 2017, 01:49:01 PM
Gotta ask, what's the benefits of this?
Given the bushing in the idler I would assume this would eliminate any flex making the steering more precise

MOPAR MITCH

His article didn't show anymore detail than the instruction... precision steering is more-so enhanced... I'm always looking for the nth degree of improvement.   Still no answer from FF (closed yesterday/Sat).