Main Menu

Hemi power steering hose question

Started by se440, March 02, 2021, 04:04:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Heres a 71... Both this one and the 68 in my previous post have the really short 90 degree turn at the P/S box... Which connects to a 90 degree fitting that is threaded into the box..

1 Wild R/T

Skdmark

I wonder if this place could make them...
https://erinindustries.com/

I found this picture in an old for sale ad on FBBO.
The name on the card looks to be the owner of Erin Industries.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Topcat

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Skdmark on March 03, 2021, 08:36:06 PM
I wonder if this place could make them...
https://erinindustries.com/

I found this picture in an old for sale ad on FBBO.
The name on the card looks to be the owner of Erin Industries.

Really good detective work....   :cheers:

6bblgt

here's Steve & his HEMI GTX convertible from MCACN a couple years ago  8)

6bblgt

69BFan

Steve Atwell to my understanding sold the MSE business to Kevin Coddington a number of years ago.   Not sure how active the business is at this current time.  When Steve had the business, Year One was selling a lots of the product line.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

se440

@cudamark , @MoparDave  , @Skdmark

This has turned into a pretty informative thread. I am surprised to see how many people are looking for this hose. I have reached out to Steve Atwell to see if maybe he can help or point us in the right direction. I am pending a response.

@MoparDave , Dave, I appreciate you jumping in on this thread. Did you have any luck with the contact you reached out to?

71383bee

Well I have to admit that mine looks different.  The hemi looks like it swings outside of the cooler and mine is inside which I admit does not make a whole hell of a lot sense.   I suspect that it may have been a replacement of some kind.

I have 2 other hoses that flat out don't line up. The hemi hose looks like it may work.  The connection at the gear box is definitely different though.

If this goes somewhere I'm definitely interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Cuda_mark

@se440 @MoparDave Any luck from either of you reaching Steve or other vendors about this hose? I emailed Steve and he said he would check but then he hasnt gotten back to me.

MoparDave

i did get a reply from the Vendor who was making it. they no longer make the correct hose.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

se440

@MoparDave @Cuda_mark Unfortunately, I have come to a dead end. I emailed Steve and never received a response. If anyone could provide me with the aftermarket hose that was once being produced,  I would be more than happy to take it to numerous shops around town and have a batch made for members who would be interested. Does anyone know anyone that has one and would be willing to lend out just so I could make a template? I would be willing to cover any shipping costs and/or put a deposit if it makes someone feel more comfortable. Any help would be appreciated!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: MoparDave on March 12, 2021, 11:27:00 AM
i did get a reply from the Vendor who was making it. they no longer make the correct hose.

Did you talk to Steve at Erin Industries?

Cuda_mark

If anyone is interested in getting one of these, I just spoke to Steve Atwell at Erin Industries. They are the supplier that used to make these for Mega Parts. He is going to do a run of 25 or so hoses...so if you want one, call him and let him know.