Main Menu

How to raise rear of car with leaf springs ?

Started by Racer57, September 10, 2021, 08:02:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

Quote from: Racer57 on September 11, 2021, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: headejm on September 11, 2021, 07:36:41 AM
What about just adding the two position spring hanger? Seems like a reasonably priced option if it works.
I think those lower the car.

@headejm  Yes that is correct, I've put them on my car to lower it.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Racer57

tman

Cheapest and easiest is air shocks.  Had them on my old Superbee for years with no issues.  That was back in the 80's. 

resq302

doesn't air shocks destroy the upper cross member where the shock bolts up to it?  I remember on my 69 Charger I had that had air shocks, the upper mounting holes were elongated and had to be repaired.

tman

When I finally removed them when I sold the car, I didn't see any damage or elongated holes.  Sounds possible tho'.

ek3

take the springs out. [ no need to split them apart]  put the front segment in a press and add 1 inch to the  arch .it is  easy . bend only the main leaf until you get 1 more inch of measured arch.  bend it from a point 2-3 inches back  from the front eye  i have done this 1,000 times to set ride heights on race cars. it works very good. it will not lose what you put in it.