Main Menu

How to reduce body roll -70 Cuda with Hemi

Started by Mopsquad, February 12, 2018, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

61K T/A

Or... You can just install a Hotchkis TVS kit and pretty much be done with it without piecing bits together. I also installed the XV suspension package but unfortunately is no longer available. 

Mopsquad

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 13, 2018, 01:16:30 PM
a pair of calipers (or open end wrench) on the diameter of the torsion & sway bars will answer the question quicker

stock '70 HEMI torsion bars were 0.92" dia. (<15/16") front sway bar 0.88" dia. (7/8")

Thank you!  I'll measure them up. 

RUNCHARGER

I don't agree that you have to ugly it up to make it handle. Larger torsion bars and bigger sway bars along with good shocks will do a world of good. Along with tires of course, Polyglas GT's were great (well compared with other bias tires that is).
Sheldon

Topcat

My T Bars are 1.25.

PST had them years ago. Haven't seen them since.

Car handles pretty good.

Brads70

Quote from: Topcat on February 13, 2018, 10:15:03 PM
My T Bars are 1.25.

Car handles pretty good.
really 1.25" I haven't seen that size available?  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 13, 2018, 09:11:38 PM
I don't agree that you have to ugly it up to make it handle. Larger torsion bars and bigger sway bars along with good shocks will do a world of good. Along with tires of course, Polyglas GT's were great (well compared with other bias tires that is).

:iagree: 1000% don't ugly-it-up just for the sake of body roll....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopsquad

Two things that I'll consider right away would be to change the sway bar and torsion bars to larger diameter versions.  I do want to keep the hemi K member.  I don't think that I'll go the pro touring route on this car.  Just some subtle mods to improve driveability.  The dual TB EFI is going to be fun to design and install under the shaker.

Thanks everyone, this is such a fantastic and respectable forum.  I don't see any overblown egos on this site compared to other forums that I'm on.

upload image to webside

HP2

First thing of all is find out what size t-bar and front s-bar you have, as well as the rear s-bar, if it has one. They likely need stepped up, maybe even a lot, but we don't want to automatically just go with huge x large.

Ultimately, with an Elephant on the nose, you are undersprung. All cars of that era are undersprung in comparison to modern cars, so you probably will find you can step it up quite a bit.

Quote from: Brads70 on February 14, 2018, 03:29:33 AM
Quote from: Topcat on February 13, 2018, 10:15:03 PM
My T Bars are 1.25.

Car handles pretty good.
really 1.25" I haven't seen that size available? 

Firm Feel can make em that big or even bigger if you swapped in C body hexes.  MP used to make 1.24 units that you can sometimes find floating around on the interwebs.