Main Menu

Inner tie rod to outer tie rod distance 72 cuda

Started by 440cuda, September 09, 2018, 07:04:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

440cuda

Hi plz help. I'm totally restoring my 72 cuda. Im in the process of putting it back together. Can anyone give me the distance from outer tie rod to inner tie rod on each side. I accidentally threw out the old parts and have no reference. Any help thoughts idea or measurements would be greatly appreciated. I understand I will need an alignment but I would like to put it back together as close to correct as possible. thank you

1 Wild R/T

Screw your tie rods all the way together then unscrew each end about four turns.....  If you want it closer then you need to take some measurements....  I'm gonna cheat.... Look at the link...

https://jalopnik.com/how-to-do-your-own-alignment-with-some-angle-iron-and-t-1820555295

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site , the exact measurement will change depending on the ride height , center the steering box first & then look at the sidewall of the front tires relative to the rear tire to get close & then use a tape measure front & rear from the same place in the tread to dial it in , you need approx 1/16 of toe in , shorter distance in front