Main Menu

Is anyone running Polyglas tires that enjoys driving their car?

Started by 82firebird, June 06, 2017, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I have no issues with driving on PolyGlas's and they hook way better then TA Radials :burnout:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudagirl3406

I am glad this came up on the forum because I am thinking about Polyglas tires for my AAR.  Still not sure...   :thinking:

Todd489

I have polyglas on my car, I live in Connecticut,  and roads suck here,  I'm going back to bf goodrich radials next spring!  I do drive my car alot though

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Sweet AAR @Cudagirl3406   :inlove:  normally I like high impact colors, but that green on your car is perfect!   :1place:

anlauto

It really depends on your type of driving....

If you drive your modern car all week and on the weekend you want to take your muscle car out for a blast ....to smell the unburnt gases.....feel the torque....listen to the sounds....get the pure muscle car feel.....then PolyGlas tires are a must.....you'll never beat the look of the original tires....and the reality of how these cars handled back in the day.... :burnout:

If you drive your muscle car other everyday or take 200 mile trips every weekend.....then you're probably tired of all the excitement listed above and probably enjoy the comfort of radial tires no matter how terrible they look.... :looney:

To me...the minimal sacrifice of ride quality is trumped a 1000 times over by the shear appearance of the correct tires on your muscle car :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

To me, it's an issue of money and principle. No way would I pay $300+ for a repop polyglas tire. It's outrageous to charge that much. I can afford them but won't buy a set on principle alone. Same with a lot of other outrageously priced Mopar reproduction parts. If I feel like I'm being swindled, I'll just come up with plan B.  :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Back in the day I know girls that were allot like Polyglas tires... They looked absolutely great but just couldn't preform....   I found the girl with average good looks that was part wild thang was more to my liking...   

I like mountain roads, I like going a little faster through the curves than some folks are comfortable with.... Polyglas tires aren't ever gonna be on my cars....

61K T/A

If you have a stock suspension go with poly (and don't forget your 8 tracks). But if your like me and want to have the most fun, best ride, handling and driving experience  from your car by doing suspension mods etc, I would only run radials. Why wear flip flops when you can have wings on your feet.

I can appreciate returning a car to how it was built when new , but as us carpenters say , they did not use handsaws because they enjoyed it , they used them because electricity was not invented yet.

HP2

The bias ply design or the Polys will limit the range of alignment you can make to improve the handling characteristics of the car. Radials tolerate a wider range than bias plys, that is why they were developed and how cars began to perform better. Muscle cars are also significantly undersprung, IMO, but this is a discussion about tires, not suspensions.

Flatdad

I switched from radials to F60-15's last year, no regrets, love 'em.

They're fine in the rain and hook better at Muncie dragway as well.

Cudagirl3406

:bradsthumb:  Finally got to try out the new tires this weekend!  Ran great... :D

Cuda Cody

303 Mopar