Main Menu

Leaf springs

Started by soundcontrol, March 21, 2020, 02:56:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

I found these way back in my old shed where they been for 40 years. They are either from my first N code Cuda, or from my G code Challenger, I don't remember. At that time (1980) I wanted the rear end as high as possible, so I tried a lot of spring combinations, I wonder if the loose leafs belongs in the package and if the springs are from the big block Cuda or the small block Challenger?

anlauto

Counting the little leaf that has the part number stamped on it, there would be 5 leafs, hard to tell but I only count 4 in your pictures, so it MAY BE possible the loose leaf came from those springs  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Thanks Alan, gonna check for a Part No.

Chryco Psycho

That set still have the factory clamps on them & they look tight so my guess is probably unmodified 318 springs
Like you I used to swap leaves around to get the right ride height but also to add more front 1/2 leaves for traction

anlauto

For comparison, these are for sure 1971 G code 318 Challenger springs. Five leafs with the number plates, but looking at your picture again I think you might be missing the numbered leafs ???? 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Yes, you guys are right, I am missing the short leafs on this pair, just checked my stock springs from the G-code 73, they have the shorts.

Is there a way to test the springs out of the car to see if they are OK? I now have 5 different leaf spring sets plus those loose leafs.

How many leafs are in a heavy duty set?

HP2

My 318 '74 Challenger had four leaf spring packs without the half leaves. Looked just like these.

Chryco Psycho

Hp sets had 6/7 with the half leaves