Main Menu

original 15 x 7 rallye wheels and trim rings

Started by Challenger in NC, August 10, 2020, 05:13:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

I spoke to the guy today. We had a good conversation. As Alan said, the pricing probably isn't out of line. I think it's absurd, but I guess that is beside the point. The guy was nice, but he stuck to his guns on the description not including the tires. He is correct about that. I explained to him that myself and many other people thought the tires were part of the deal and that maybe he should be a little more clear about what is not included especially when he takes pictures of them. He claimed that the tires were wore out anyway. To sum it all up, he understood how we thought they were included and agreed to be more specific in the future and I am comfortable with what I got for what I paid as he paid for the ride, which I'm sure was a few dollars. So thanks everybody for the support and feedback. :wave:
Kevin

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on August 13, 2020, 06:22:32 AM
Actually...$750 for one correct 390 rim, with a factory correct trim ring and center cap isn't really out of line for what I've seen before

Correct trim rings $150-$200 each is not out of line
Rims $300-$500 each is about normal these days
Nice original centers can be $50 each as well

:dunno:

What would be the going rate for a complete set of restored rings?

340Challman

Quote from: Challenger in NC on August 19, 2020, 07:30:56 AM
Quote from: anlauto on August 13, 2020, 06:22:32 AM
Actually...$750 for one correct 390 rim, with a factory correct trim ring and center cap isn't really out of line for what I've seen before

Correct trim rings $150-$200 each is not out of line
Rims $300-$500 each is about normal these days
Nice original centers can be $50 each as well

:dunno:

What would be the going rate for a complete set of restored rings?

I did a lot of searching to try and determine this myself. What I came up with is that the price range is all over the place. Nothing in the range of what I would consider reasonable, but I think the lowest I saw was about $1200. Keep in mind that I was looking at all levels of condition. $1200 was unrestored with 50 years of abuse. I saw an NOS set for $7500. I had to get up and walk away from my computer. I mean no offense to anyone, but it's that kind of crap that keeps this hobby out of reach of the average person.

I wish you luck and hope you have deeper pockets than me. Funny how my position changed from feeling like I got took to feeling fortunate. :cheers:
Kevin