Main Menu

Parking brake ID ?

Started by Rich G., January 29, 2020, 07:40:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Going through some of my spare Cuda parts I have these 2 parking brake assemblies and I noticed they are different. One has a spring on the top and one has a spring inside the release handle. I'm guessing these are different years. Any ideas?

anlauto

The bottom one (black) in your picture is NOT an E Body in my opinion, maybe 71-74 B Body, I'm thinking not even that :thinking: I don't recall ever seeing one with the spring on top like that ??? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

Great guess Alan. Here's photos of the one in my 74 Charger Rallye and a spare parking brake mechanism for my 74. In the installed photo, the spring is visible on top just to the right of the blue tape.

Terry

anlauto

Well, there you go....learn something new every day :twothumbsup: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Interesting, I've never owned a B body so where did this come from. I guess you can throw anything on a car if it fits. But then again I've bought a lot of parts in my day that were supposed to be off a cuda and were as they say close but no cigar. Whatever that means!