Main Menu

Power steering pressure hose

Started by blown motor, September 05, 2023, 01:12:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I need a new one. 74 Challenger. Can't find one that's the same as the one I have. If one end is right then the other end isn't. Does anyone have a good part number or can someone take a pic of what they have. Saginaw pump.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Gripper

Just posted discount code !

Thanks Gripper

Jay Bee

Quote from: Brads70 on September 05, 2023, 03:25:33 PM
Looks like the bottom one? EDELMANN 80127  ?
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1974,challenger,5.9l+360cid+v8,1078703,steering,power+steering+pressure+hose,7320
I don't know, the third one down looks closer to me. I clicked on the small picture for a bigger view.
SUNSONG 3401697

blown motor

Hahaha. I thought the fourth one would work. That's the trouble, none of them match up. Rock auto has good prices but there's no one to talk to. How do I do a return if it's wrong?

Chryco Psycho

The y have a return program , worked flawless for me .

dodj

I bought mine from rock auto.  It's a '73,  it looks not quite the same as the one you listed a pic of.  But it works.  FVP70351 looks like the one I'm running.

And you can get 5 of them for same price as one NOS hose!

Which is a sag pump? The round one or the squarish one? I forget ::) I have the squarish one.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

@Jay Bee That is the same as mine but I don't see anything from rock auto that looks like that. A bit pricey, hmmm...

@dodj  Can you post a pic of yours. I just don't see anything that looks like the one Jaybee posted.
:idea: I wonder if they changed it from 73 to 74. My car is an early built 74. Maybe it has. 73 hose.

Jay Bee

Quote from: blown motor on September 06, 2023, 05:12:38 AM
I wonder if they changed it from 73 to 74. My car is an early built 74. Maybe it has. 73 hose.
If yours looks like the NOS eBay one I'd say you do have a 1974 one.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

That FVP70351 didn't work for me on RockAuto's website. My first suggestion seems too though. Clicking on the SUNSONG part number brought up the applications for that hose.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234962449090   OUT OF STOCK