Main Menu

Power steering return hose

Started by hemienvy, August 17, 2022, 09:23:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hemienvy

I need to replace mine, where to buy it these days ?

I need maybe 12 inches, no critical numbers that matter here, just good quality hose.

tman

Be sure to get 11/32 inner dia hose.  I hear dealers sell them, YearOne, Ebay lists them.  Stay away from the dated reproduction hoses.  Years ago I had one and it swelled up and came right off the fitting and made big mess.  This has happened to others unless they have improved the hose by now.  3/8 is a tad too big. 

anlauto

Any NAPA or auto parts store should have good quality hose  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

hemienvy

OK I'll try that, I wasn't sure if there were any particular specs / requirements for that hose.

chargerdon

its NOT a pressue hose so any quality hose will work

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: chargerdon on August 24, 2022, 05:22:42 AM
its NOT a pressue hose so any quality hose will work

Yup, the return hose is not under any real pressure.   it just flows back into the reservoir freely.   Generic yet quality hose with hose clamps is sufficient.      But don't use that kind of hose and hose clamps on the supply side! hose clamps are generally only acceptable for up to 50 psi of fluid flow (although I repair air compressor hoses with them at home sometimes which are 150 psi)    The supply side of power steering is probably 10x those pressures.